Chapter 12

Hassan stormed into the living room and charged towards his mum. "Mum what was that for?"

     "What was what for? Don't be stupid and follow me to my room." She hissed and walked off.

     Hassan followed behind her and closed the door once he was in her room. "Mum what was all that about?" He paced around the bedroom angrily.

     "Sit down!" she ordered.

     "Can you just tell me wha-"

     "I said sit down!" she cut him off in a sharp tone.

     Hassan sat down and tapped his feet impatiently.

     "I overheard your father talking about handing over the business to a son." she whispered.

     "So? What does it have to do with me?"

     "I didn't raise a stupid child Hassan. You're my oldest son and if you don't get married soon, the company will be handed over to your step brother."

     "So what? He's my older brother and I don't see anything wrong in him handling the company."

     "Shut up!" She slapped him hard across the face.

     "Mu-"

     "Shut your mouth Hassan! Don't be naive. Nura cannot and will not take over the company."

     "You are unbelievable mum! I don't have an interest in the company. Let Nura have it and if he doesn't want it, Hussain can. I doubt Hussain would want it sef."

     "Think of what I told you Hassan."

     With that, Hassan got up to leave and slammed the door behind him. He had bad anger issues and couldn't control it most of the time. He changed into his joggers and went out for a long run.

     When he got back, he took a shower and checked his phone for new notifications. He opened Amira's message and saw the phone number. Slamming his hand on the bed in annoyance, he deleted the message and tossed his phone on the side drawer.

     "Hassan!" his mum's voice called from downstairs.

     He groaned and covered his head with his pillow. After countless calls without response, she came upstairs to his room.

     "Hassan, I want Amira's address."

     "I don't know where she lives." he replied, not sparing her a glance.

     "Don't give me that bull crap! Where does she stay?"

     "Brains and Hammers, Gwarinpa." he huffed.

     "You're taking me there tomorrow."

     "I have things to do at the office."

     "You'll quit that stupid job and handle your dad's company. Don't let me remind you tomorrow." She walked out of his bedroom and into hers.

     Amira on the other hand kept checking her phone for Hassan's reply. When she didn't get any, she tossed her phone aside and picked up a novel to read.

     Hours later, she started to feel sleepy. She yawned and closed the book, then checked for his reply. She sighed as she didn't get a reply then closed her eyes and allowed herself drift into dream land.

***

     She woke up in the morning with a pounding headache and didn't know why or how she got a headache. Groaning, she walked begrudgingly into the bathroom to do her morning routine.