"Like two days. In her defense though- I used the best friend card on her."

Noah only nodded, making Kat sigh as she brushed her hair back.

"Noah. Why would you lie like that?"

"Are you kidding? The second I told you about my feelings you went straight to him- how was I supposed to tell you the truth- how was I supposed to feel?"

Kat frowned, "I... I didn't mean anything by it, honest. He was just... he saw I was distraught and wanted to help-"

"Please. You could've told him no and went straight to Alex. Instead you went with him and it was like you didn't even care that I told you I liked you and like... like you were trying to hurt me."

"Noah," Kat gasped, feeling herself grow emotional, "I would never try to hurt you intentionally! You have to give me a little more credit than that."

"I never thought you would but seeing you two- it hurt like hell. So that's why I lied... well, part of the reason."

"I was just comfused," Kat frowned, "I just... when we first started things out I basically programmed in my head to not like you cause I didn't think you'd actually like me at all but then hearing you admit it to me- it didn't feel real. I just- I felt like shit."

"That's what every guy likes to hear," Noah scoffed, going to walk away but Kat stopped him.

"I didn't mean it like that- I god. Okay, you hate me, I get it. But just... let me explain. Please?"

Noah frowned seeing a tear roll down her cheek, "I don't hate you Kat."

"I felt like shit cause I knew if I had been more confident when we started things and allowed myself to get feelings for you- I'd be at the exact same place you were when you told me about your feelings."

Noah hesitated now, "Even with Tom in the picture?"

"You would've been my Peter Kavinsky," Kat told him, knowing he'd know exactly what that meant.

Noah smiled at that, "Of course I'd be him in the aspect of what if but not when it comes to catching feelings like him."

"I really wish you would've told me sooner, Noah," Kat admitted sadly, "Maybe things would've been different but-"

"This is another reason I lied," he sighed, "I didn't want you lying to try to make me feel better."

"I'm not- I just- please know- I would've never done that to you, said yes just cause 'I'm too nice', let you go through the pain of being with me even when Tom would be on my mind 24/7," Kat whispered, "I care about you too much to ever make you feel like a second choice."

"I know," Noah smiled softly now, "Just like I care about you too much to let you date me when the guy you really love is right there- literally."

Kat turned around, surprised to see Tom standing there.

He tried to make it look like he wasn't watching them but he failed miserably.

"You know, for an actor, his acting is pretty bad right now."

Kat chuckled a bit, wiping another tear that fell, "He probably just came out for some fresh air."

"You really don't know the power you have over men, do you?"

"Oh please," she brushed him off.

"I'm serious. It didn't take long for me to fall for you, Kat. I understand completely why he's so... okay he's not even pretending now."

Kat looked back momentarily to see Tom practically glaring at Noah.

She sighed as she turned back to him, "Ignore him- I need to get this off my chest.... I-I understand if you need space from me, trust me, I get it, but please... please don't drop me all together. I-I don't know what I'd do without you. I know it's selfish but-"

"I feel the exact same way," Noah smiled, "Don't worry, you won't be getting rid of me so easily."

Kat smiled at that, nodding, "Good... and you don't worry. You'll find a girl who likes you back just as much one day and she won't have the baggage that I do. And you'll deserve all the love she gives you and more."

Noah chuckled as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Here's to hoping."

"No hoping, it'll happen. Maybe she'll actually teach you how to wear your clothes too."

"You wish," Noah teased.

"I do, actually."

"Hey! Wearing my clothes like this makes it easier to take if off if you know what I mean."

Kat laughed, hitting his shoulder softly, "Stop it."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Better let you get back to your man now."

Kat's smile faltered a bit as she shook her head, "Tom's not my man."

"So you're seriously saying you two haven't started things up again?"

"I-I mean there has been sex- lots of it but that's... that's basically it."

"So you're back to square one?"

"No because this time the sex and flirting are strictly ending the second I get back to New York."

"Why?" Noah frowned, "You obviously like him, why would you stop it?"

"Why give me advice to be with the guy who essentially is the reason we're not together?"

"Touché," Noah chucked, rolling his eyes seeing his friends motioning him to hurry up, "So I better go."

Kat slowly nodded, hesitating before asking, "Can I get a hug?"

Noah hesitated too but nodded, pulling her into a tight hug.

He knew then how strong his feelings were and how ready he was for the break. But he also knew he couldn't leave her without one last little fight.

So after the hug, he placed a kiss on her cheek, barely pulling away as he whispered, "You tell him if he screws up again, no way in hell am I giving you up again. You'll be mine, Perez."

Kat giggled, looking up at him with a smile on her face, "I'm no one's property, Centineo."

"What you are is extraordinary, Perez," Noah smiled as he now backed up, "I can't wait to fall out of love with you."

"Wow. Thanks," she giggled, waving a final goodbye to him before he left with his friends.

When she looked at Tom, she found herself thinking the exact same thing- well mostly.

'It's gonna suck trying to fall out of love with you all over again.'

If anyone here is reading You and I too, I think it's funny that right now Peter and Tom both can't resist
their girls (sorry I'm deeply sleep deprived) 😂😂