Chapter 11: First Day Of School

Beep Beep Beep Beep

“Go away,” she mumbled. She covered her ears with her pillow; but still she can hear the noise. She forced herself to get up and looked at her window. She saw her mother’s car making noises and suddenly her brother came out, “Good,” he put his hands on his hips, “Get ready for school already,” and he went inside the house. “What?!” she looked at the calendar. Today is the day. The day she can have new friends and meet her brother’s teammates. It’s her first day of school. She immediately took a bath and wore her gakuran.

As she gathered her stuffs in her bag, she heard her brother scream with glee. “Onaa-san, This is delicious!!!” Nami went inside the dining to see what was going on. “Nami, sit down and try Onaa-san’s tempura,” he patted the floor. Nami obeyed him. She took a tempura and dipped it into the special sauce. She took a big bite, “Mhhmm,” suddenly she looked at her mother, “Onaa-san, you forgot to put something in your special sauce,” her mother took a sip at the sauce. “Oh my,” she quickly took the salt inside the pantry. She sprinkled it all over the sauce and mixed it, “There, try it,” she handed the sauce to Nami. Nami took another tempura and tried it again. She widens her eyes, “It’s better,” she complimented. “Now get ready for school Yuu,” their mother threw a towel at Noya, “We don’t want Nami to be late at her first day,” she looked at Nami. Noya nodded and quickly left the room.

*School

The boys gathered at the gym, “This is it,” Hinata said with excitement, “We’re going to meet her today.” Hinata jumped all over the place. Suddenly Tanaka grabbed Hinata by the end of his shirt, “Calm down will you! The dean might pass by,” he warned him. Yamaguchi and Asahi already put the banner in place, Tsukishima helped Sugawara with drinks and Daichi helped Kiyoko give away the t-shirts.  The boys wore their t-shirts and felt great with it. “This design is amazing Kiyoko-san,” Daichi praised. The background’s colour was bright orange and the letterings were bold and black; saying “Hi I’m (for example) Daichi-san, the best captain ever!”. Suddenly they heard the door opened, “So, she’s coming already?” their coach entered. He was holding two carton boxes. “Hey Coach, what’s inside the boxes?” Hinata helped him. Ukai-san slowly dropped the box and opened. It was full of hot delicious chukamas. “Ohhhh!” Hinata looked stunned. He slowly grabbed a chukama but Ukai-san slapped his hand, “Wait for Nami.” Then he noticed their t-shirts, “Nice shirts,” he put aside the boxes. Kiyoko went through her bag and took out a t-shirt, “Coach, this is yours,” she handed out a larger shirt. The coach wore the shirt and it said “I’m Coach Ukai and I have the most awesome hair here”. “Haha Haha! I like it,” he proudly wore the shirt and run his fingers through his hair.

Everybody noticed that Hinata wasn’t paying attention. “Oi Hinata,” Tanaka called him, “What’s up with you? You turned so quiet.” Hinata looked at him, “He’s coming, right?” he held his shirt tight. “It’s my fault why he didn’t come today,” he looked down. Sugawara, who was busy preparing, caught Hinata’s attention. “Hinata, haven’t I told you,” he put his hand on Hinata shoulder, “I’ll talk to him and I’ll explain it to him.” Hinata gave him a slight smile. Good thing Sugawara’s here, Daichi thought.

*at Kageyama’s Residence

“Tobio, hurry up! You’ll be late for school!” his mother shouted. Kageyama was busy finding the other pair of his volleyball shoes, “Yeah, give me a sec and let me find my shoe!” He looked under his bed, the shelves and even the bathroom. Suddenly, his mother went inside his room, “Tobio, looking for this?” she was holding the other pair. Kageyama grabbed it quickly, “Where did you find it?” he asked. His mother folded her arms, “No time to explain. Get out of the house and go to school.” She grabbed him and sent him outside. “Have a good day!” she slammed the door behind. Kageyama grunted and started walking.

In his way, he started thinking if he can face the team. Should I or-, Kageyama was interrupted by a sleeping cat. Its fur was white and it looked soft. Kageyama wanted to touch it. So he went closer to brush its head. Suddenly, the cat noticed him. Because of Kageyama’s face, the cat startled and scratched his arm. Kageyama seized the pain and small blood was dripping. Kageyama took out his hand towel and wrapped it around his injured arm. “Damn it,” and continued walking.

*at Nishinoya Residence

“Nii-chan!” Nami rapidly went inside her brother’s room, “We’re going to be late becau- What the hell?” Nishinoya wasn’t dressed up yet. He was busy fixing his hair, “Oh hey Nami. Umm, come here and help me with my hair. I think I’m having a bad hair day. It isn’t standing up like it used to,” he frowned. Because of this, Nami threw the hair products. “Enough with that and get dress. It’s my first day of school and it’s also going to be the first tardy,” Nami quickly took her older brother’s gakuran and helped him wear it. “Okay, let’s go,” she pushed her brother outside the room. “Wait! I won’t go to school with my hair like this,” he complained. He tried to get the gel, lying on the floor, but Nami kicked it away from him, “Do you know that hair gel destroys your hair?” and forcefully pushed Nishinoya out.

*Author’s Note

This is embarrassing. (-///-") Oh gosh. Exams are already next week and I’m so sooorrryy that I didn’t update sooner. I’m so sorry! Anyways, I hope you guys like it. =)) Vote and leave with a wonderful comment below. Sorry for the wrong grammars and spellings. =))