Chapter 8: Surprise Homecoming

>Nishinoya Residence<

Home, I’m finally here, she smiled. Stars started to appear at the sky. The wind was already cold, Nami started to unpack her stuffs. Her clothes are on the bed, some school stuffs are already arranged on her desk, and her new uniform was hanging on the closet’s knob. She took out from her bag was a picture frame. It showed a man wearing a nice expensive suit. She placed it on her desk, “Thank you Otou-san,” she kissed the frame. While she was placing her clothes on the closet, Noya entered the room. “Nami, do you like your new room?” he asked happily. “Yeah, I love it,” she looked around. Noya stood on the bed and started to jump, “Do you remember the time we love doing this,” he laughed. It didn’t look like he saw the clothes lying on her bed, so he kept on jumping and jumping and jumping. Nami ran to him and pushed him, “Stop, my clothes!” the well-organized clothes were already disorganized. “Niichan!” Nami got irritated, “You clean this up,” she demanded. Noya obeyed her and quietly did the job.

Heh, he hasn’t changed a single bit, she smirked.

As Noya did his job, but he gets distracted of the delicious aroma of the pork katsu. Aruughh, the smell makes me hungry, his stomach growled. The he heard Nami’s laugh, “Your quite hungry already,” she smiled. “Why? Aren’t you?” Noya asked. She nodded, “I’m also hungry already,” rubbed her stomach. She dash outside the door, “I’ll get the best part!” she headed down stairs. Noya was left inside the room.

She’s still her, he followed her.

>At the Gym<

Hinata looked so stunned, “Really?! Ohh!!”  There was excitement on his face. “I can’t wait for Monday!” he shouted with glee. He started jumping around and shouting, “Guardian Deity’s sister is studying here,” over and over again. This made Daichi grab Hinata’s shirt on the back, “Quiet down, will you?” he asked. Hinata nodded rapidly. Suddenly the door opened, it was the janitor. The janitor didn’t look happy to see them, “Oi, you volleyball team. You guys should know what time you’ll get out,” he scolded them, “It’s almost 7! You should leave at 6:30!” he pointed at the clock. It was already 6:53. They didn’t notice that it’s already been two hours. They started to put down the net but the janitor became impatient, “Get out already! I’ll finish this…ALONE!” The team apologized to the janitor but he didn’t mind them. They took their stuff and left the janitor alone in the gym. “We need an alarm clock, you know,” Tsukishima razzed. Daichi wanted to grab him that time.

As they walk together, Hinata can’t stop talking about how excited he is. Kageyama wanted to rip his ears off already, “And I wish she’s nice, kind, sweet, and-” Tanaka interrupted him, “We get the picture already Hinata. Us too, we’re also excited to meet her on Monday,” he said. All of a sudden, Tanaka had an idea, “I have an idea, guys!” he said proudly. The team gave him a warning look like make it a good one or this should be better than the Niiyama idea. Tanaka mouthed them, Shut up. “Let’s make a homecoming for Nami,” he smiled. “Phew, I thought your idea sucked again,” Tsukishima annoyed him. Tanaka was ready to lift his middle finger but Sugawara slapped his hand. Sucked? Again? Huh? Kageyama was confused. “That’s a good idea, Tanaka,” Daichi approved, “Let’s make a banner for Nami and-,” suddenly a strong cold wind hit them, “but first let’s talk about it in a warmer place,” and they headed off to Foothill Store.