I. Gossips

Eva's POV

We were together since we were born. Our parents were bestfriends, and we became one too.

Nicolai Brickson, aunt Elsa's only son and my only bestfriend. He looks like Ed Sheeran by the way. My Ed Sheeran.

It all started when we were sixteen. We were sixteen back then and I was being bullied, he's the one to fight back for me.

Then one time, our classmate tried to harass me sexually, and Nicolai, he beat up the guy and got a major offense for it.

That's when I felt my heart flutter. It's not hard to fall inlove with him. He defends me, protects me, makes me happy, takes care of me, he never left my side, he never forgets about me, I'm his priority, he treats me like his sister.

Yes, he only sees me as a sister. I'm one of those many people who is in that line that can't step any further. I'm so close to him but not in a way that I want to.

And up until now, that we are 18 years old, my feelings still stayed the same. We stayed the same. Nothing changed, not even his feelings for me.

But I don't want to lose hope. Hoping that one day he would see me more than a sister or a bestfriend, I wish that one day he would realize that I'm the one he's been looking for all his life.

"Hey! You are day dreaming again." Nicolai clapped in front of me.

I blinked two times after focusing on him.

"I was just thinking how come you don't have any girlfriend since then? Knowing how hopeless romantic you are." I questioningly looked at him.

Acting all curious but the truth is that I'm preparing myself for his answer. His answer might break my heart, and it can also give me more hope. And I'm hoping for the latter.

"well yes, I'm hopeless romantic, and if you're thinking that I'm gay then you're wrong. I just want to wait for the right girl, because everything that's fast is just temporary." He explained while looking far away and smiling.

See? He's a hopeless romantic. He daydreams a lot about his dream girl.

"Well did you know her already?" I hopingly asked him.

"Yes. Yes, I did." He answered with a smile while looking at me directly.

"Then who is it?" I asked nervously.

Now I began panicking. How can I handle his answer if it's not me?! What if his answer will be the reason to break my heart? Or what if... it's me?

He leaned closer to me.

"You really want to know?" He smirked as me as he asked.

"well... y-yeah?" I answered questioningly, wait what?

"Naaah, you can't know yet. Not now." He shook his head and laughed afterwards.

I threw a tissue paper on him because of too much suspense.

"You're such a jerk!" I threw him more rolled tissue paper and he just kept laughing.

See? How can I not fall in love with this guy?

He has everything that I want. He's all I ever wanted since then.

After eating our lunch, he asked me to go back to our room.

"Let's go Evalyn Jaye" He's so irritating sometimes. Teasing me with my whole name.

"Shut up Nicolai. Let's go. The bell is about to ring," We walked side to side

As we walked at the hallway people on different grades started to gossip words and whispering to each other.

"They really look good together."

"They're so cute."

"Are they really just bestfriends?"

"I hope they end up together."

I can hear them I know Nicolai too. But we both chose to act like we didn't have any idea what they're talking about. We ignored it.

This always happen, this is our scenario every day. And we're very used to this. I agree with those gossip girls, but I don't know about Nicolai though.

Nicolai and I talked about those gossips of us being together sometimes. And we just end up laughing, rumors are rumors. We decided not to care. It's not our responsibility to correct them of what they think about us.

What's important is that we're happy of what we have and we don't care about what others may think. Even if it's good or bad, we'll just let it be.

I hope one day those gossips will be true.