"Then why do you keep reminding me?"

"I just- I want you to be careful," Alex sighed, "That's why I got so mad yesterday when I saw the flowers. I didn't want you under his trap again. You know I'm very protective of you."

Kat chuckled a bit, looking down at her hands, "Yeah, I know. You treat me like a baby even though we're only a month a part."

"The fact that you're younger than me at all is enough of a reason for me to treat you like a baby."

"Oh whatever," Kat laughed, shoving her playfully.

"Okay. I see it now," Katherine noted, "Sisters not lovers."

"Thank you!" Alex sighed, "God I am tired of her friends starting this huge conspiracy that I'm in love with her and that's why I'm trying to keep her away from Tom. Like- no, I'm trying to keep her away because I love her like a sister."

"You can't seriously think Tom's that bad for her though," Katherine frowned, "I may have just met him but he seemed like a good guy."

"Yeah but you weren't there when he first did what he did. She was destroyed. I hared seeing her that way."

Kat frowned a bit, continuing to play with her hands, which Katherine definitely noticed.

"What's wrong, bug?"

"Yesterday... when I was with him... he uh... he may have insinuated that I would be his girlfriend- eventually."

"Eventually? What the fuck?"

"Is it bad that I liked it? I know I said I was over him and all this crap but- I'm really not. And I don't think that I ever will be, honestly. I really like him, Alex-"

"But does he really like you back? Does he really feel the exact same way?"

"Yes!" Katherine gasped, "I may have not been there when all the drama went down but I was there at the Corden show and I was there when they were together. He looked so smitten, Alex. He looked at her- he looked at her how I wished someone would look at me. He definitely feels the exact same way."

"Okay," Alex sighed quietly, "So then... I guess all I can say is- follow your heart, Kat. As cheesy as that sounds."

"Yeah, that sounds very cheesy."

"Fine. Then do whatever mini Kat desires."

"What's a mini Kat?" Katherine asked, completely clueless.

Kat glared at Alex though, "I really do think sex is all you think about."

"Hey! You shouldn't be talking!" Alex frowned.

"When have I ever talked to you about my sex life?"

"Plenty of times! Plus, you didn't have to go through Noah's personal details of your sexy times at Downey's party. You can literally call Carter and ask. That boy was going on about your head-"

Alex unfortunately missed the look Katherine was giving her- warning her to stop because it was already too late, Kat caught on.

"Wait," she cut her off, "Why would Noah be talking about us if he was only kidding about the crush?"

Alex remained silent which was all Kat needed to see to know what was going on.

"Oh my god. He wasn't lying. Why would he tell me he was lying if he really did have feelings?"

"I don't feel comfortable talking about-"

"Best friend code," Kat cut her off again, glaring at her.

Knowing she couldn't argue that, Alex sighed deeply, "Fine. He didn't want you to only say yes to going out with him because you felt bad then be with him even though Tom would always be in the back of your mind."

"I-I can't believe he'd do that," Kat whispered, now standing, "I have to call him."

"No! Stop!" Alex screeched, stopping her before she could get her phone.

"I have to Alex!"

"No!" Alex frowned, "Just like you needed your space from Tom, he needs his space from you."

Kat hesitated but eventually nodded, "Fine just... keep tabs on him, okay? Make sure he's doing okay."

"Fine, whatever."

"Good," she smiled softly, wanting to lighten the mood again as she sat down on her bed again, "Katherine. How do you feel about Noah?"

"Oh fuck off," she laughed, her now standing up, "It's bad enough people want me with Ross."

"Uh, what's so bad about that? He's hot and seems like a total sweetheart!"

"Yeah. He's also 28 years old."

"No fucking way!" Kat gasped, "He's another Brandon Flynn!"

Katherine gave her a confused look when Alex explained, "He looks like ten."

"You're so right, he does!"

Had to rewrite this entire chapter cause I did not like where I was headed with some of the characters 🙈 hopefully I didn't make it worse