Five

I slowly ran my fingers through my brunette curls,letting them cascade down my back. I pressed my lips together, clueless as to what I would do to my hair that day.

"Make up your mind Zemira!" I told my reflection.

Amanda popped her head into the bathroom. "Are you almost done?"

I shook my head. "Sadly...no," I said with a sigh. "I don't know what to do with my hair." I explained to her.

Amanda's eyes twinkled, a mischievous smile on her face. "I can help you fix yourself up." She said.

"No thank you..." I said stepping back, my brows furrowed. "After that 'make-over', I don't think I could ever let you touch my face or my hair again."

Amanda rolled her eyes saying, "We did that for fun!"

I cogitated on that and decided that I would simply stick to a pony tail. Zemira,Zemira, Zemira, I scolded myself, stressing yourself over a thing as small as doing your hair.

And to that, Jane, Amanda and I headed for the dining hall for breakfast. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Picking it up, I checked the caller ID. I gulped upon seeing who was calling. My heart pulpitated as I brought my phone closer to my ear.

"Hi father..." I said timidly.

"Hello Zemira..." There was a brief pause before he asked, "Are you having fun at the camp?"

"Yes father; it's great -- so far." I told him.

Jane and Amanda stopped walking and stared at me as I talked on the phone. I really didn't understand how my father and I had drifted apart. We used to have a strong bond that I had always thought would never be broken, but that all changed; I still don't understand how. Since drifting apart from my father, I felt very intimidated by him, as he became very reserved and moody as the years went by.

"Your mother and I have been--"

Before dad was able to finish his sentence, I lost my phone signal. I let out a sigh of relief, placing my phone into my back pocket. I had a feeling I knew what that sentence would have led to. I knew I'd be admonished for my rudeness the other day, and I really did not want to face my father's wrath.

"Was that your father?" Jane asked me.

I simply nodded and kicked some pebbles as we started to walk again. Silence followed. Jane simply stared into space, blatantly in a world of her own; Amanda noisily chewed her gum, giggling at something on her phone; and I--like Jane--had things on my mind. The only reason I went to the camp was to relax and discover the REAL Zemira McLeon. I had only been at the camp for not more than two weeks, but my parents continuously called to 'check on me'. It really annoyed me, as they had never paid attention to me when I was still at home.

***

From a distance, I could hear feet stomping, hands clapping, guitars strumming, and to top it off, rich melodious voices sang a song called, 'your love'. As I got closer to the music room, the music got louder. I pushed the door, letting myself in, hoping I wasn't too late. My mouth gaped open upon seeing what I saw. Levi stood in front of the room, waving his arms like nobody's business; conducting the whole class.

'I feel like I'm moving, to the rhythm of your grace, your fragrance is intoxicating in your secret place, your love is extravagant,

Spread wide in the arms of--'

Levi lifted his hand in the air and everyone stopped singing.

"Guess who decided to join us," he said with a smirk.