How to die a beautiful death

Bắt đầu từ đầu

 Jenica doesn’t remember much about her grandfather, although sometimes when her grandmother is feeling nostalgic, she would listen to her grandmother talk for hours on how did Mary Lou and her late husband met, Jenica loved the story so much that she has already develop a notion of love at an early age.

Jenica and Mary Lou were very close; in fact Jenica calls her grandmother “nana”. Her grandmother was always there for her, sharing secrets with each other and always telling Jenica stories when she’s about to go to sleep, Jenica was spoiled by her grandmother. Every time Jenica is being scolded by her mother, she would run straight for her Nana; Mary Lou was the only grandparent Jenica ever knew.

The old lady was in a lot of pain, she already knew that her end was approaching; she can feel her-self slipping away little by little, but she was still acting though for her granddaughter who was standing beside her.

Mary Lou looked straight at Janica’s eyes; her right hand was giving Jenica a gesture that she wanted to say something to her. Slowly, Jenica moves closer to her suffering grandmother.

The old lady pulled up all her strength just to speak with her beloved granddaughter. She softly caresses Jenica’s lovely face, and speaks calmly, “I’m sorry sweetie for making you worry so much.” Mary Lou was interrupted by her coughing. 

“Nana please… Save your strength, you’ll need it to get stronger” Jenica was summoning all her strength to stop herself from crying.

Mary Lou smiles and replied “sweetie, do you remember the stories I told you about angels when you were still little?”

“Of course Nana…” replied Jenica with a warm smile, “How could I ever forget your bed time stories?”

Mary Lou laughs softly from Jenica’s reply. She then continues talking. “Sweetie, I see a young man standing close to me right now… He looked very kind; I believe he is just about your age.”

Jenica was somewhat puzzled by what her grandmother said. Jenica thought that her poor grandmother might be delusional from all the medicines that she was taking; Jenica is standing right beside her grandmother and she couldn’t see anyone near her.

 “He said that it was time… I believe that… he is an angel sweetie, like the ones from my stories” the old lady whispered.

 “Don’t say that Nana, please… You’ll get better, so please hang in there…” Jenica’s voice was already cracking out. Her eyes were already filled with tears. She knew that her grandmother is already saying her goodbyes to her.

Jenica heard stories about dying people who says that they see other people who weren’t really there, or seeing dead relatives that were picking them up. Jenica thought that this was the same thing that is happening to her grandmother.

Jenica holds her grandmothers hands tightly; with this gesture, she hopes that her grandmother could realize how much she cares for her.

The old lady spoke with a calm voice. “I’m very blessed to have a granddaughter like you sweetie; please take care of your brother for me, always listen to your mom and dad, and always remember that I always, always love you”

Jenica can’t find the words to say for her dying grandmother. She didn’t realize that tears were already pouring down her face, her hands were trembling uncontrollably, and breathing suddenly becomes so hard. Jenica’s mind was still in control of her consciousness, but her emotions were in control of her body, Jenica was already weak and helpless as she burst into tears.

Jenica suddenly heard a sound that broke her heart into pieces; she felt that a part of her universe crumbled in an instant… A long beeping sound came from a machine that was attached to her grandmother. All hopes crumbled that night…