Chapter 4 : I Know

Chapter 4 : I Know

"She laughed." Edmund said, staring at me with a weird look on his face. Still laughing, I pick up a handful of snow, feeling it as it slowly numbs my hand, mould it into a sphere and throw it at Edmund's arm as Peter, Lucy and Susan begin throw snowballs at each other.

"Ow!" Edmund yells as one of Peter's stray snowballs hits him in the side of the face. "Stop it!" And as every eye falls on him, Peter marches over and jabs him in the chest.

"You little liar!" Peter shouts, I try to stop him but he shakes me off like I'm a disobedient child.

"You didn't believe them either!" Edmund insists, anger filling his voice. Before anything can get out of hand I step between them, my arms spread wide.

"Apologise to Lucy. " I whisper to Edmund, and Lucy looks vaguely embarrased. Edmund looks past her and folds his arms across his chest.

"Say you're sorry!" Peter shouts and he steps up to Edmund, towering over him with a frightening glare.

"Alright! I'm sorry." Edmund caves, and I feel pity for him because, in that moment, he looks like he's about to burst into tears.

"That's alright, some little children just don't know when to stop pretending." Lucy replies smugly, looking at him with a smile and an amused expression.

"And you," I say to Peter as he turns, his fury subsiding. "Calm down."

"Very funny." Edmund mutters to Lucy, and I give him a small tap on the back of his head.

"Maybe we should go back." Susan asks worriedly, glancing back at all the fur coats and wringing her hands together.

"Can't we at least take a look around?" I ask my smile falling from my face, after my laughing fit. Lucy jumps up and own on the spot.

"I think Lucy and Elleanora must decide!" Peter decides, smiling at both of us.

"I want you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy announces, I wrinkle my nose a little and my  brow creases, Peter looks at me. I give him a small, somewhat reluctant nod, and wrap my arms around me for warmth.

"Well Mr. Tumnus it is !" Peter declares, heading back into the wardrobe and rifling around.

"We can't just walk around in these clothes!" Susan insists, shivering and pointing at her snow caked clothes.

"We can use these coats." Peter replies as he walks out the forest of coats, his arms ladened with fur. Susan looks appalled.

"Peter, they don't belong to us." Susan replies and I smile at her.

"Well I don't think my grandfather will mind." I say, putting a finger to my chin. "And, if you think about it logically, we are not even taking them out of the wardrobe. " I finish as I take the coats from Peter and hand them around to Susan and Lucy. Peter throwing one to Edmund who holds it up in disgust.

"But this is a girl's coat!" He says in a disgusted tone.

"Oh, I know." Peter replies and the girls giggle at each other, I frown at the coat in my hands. It's grey and looks like a man's coat, complete with fur hat.

"Here, I'll trade with you." I offer, holding out the coat. "I'll even thrown in the hat." I smile at him as he reaches out and takes it, pressing the woman's coat into my arms.

"Thanks, Lea..." He mumbles and I pause for a second before smiling at him.

"No problem, Ed."

*

sorry this is a shorter chapter!
I'll update more soon, I promise.

[SPOILER RETRACTED!]

ciao,
lina x