Chapter

John walked through the deserted corridor. Tap... tap... tap... The hazy yellow lit hall displays the beauty of nature across the plain white walls. 'The sunset is beautiful,' He thought. He almost forgot the whole reason he was slinking down the school in the first place.

He found a note in his locker, saying for him to come to the room S304. While letter was written in cursive, he couldn't make out who's writing it was. It read, "Dear John, please come to room S304. Thank you." The content was bland, and he thought it would've come from a teacher, rather than a student. He stands heavily in front of the door, suddenly getting a case of vertigo. He looks up and sees a sign that says: Reading Club. He takes a deep breath and pulls the door handle down.

"W-welcome..." a shy voice said. The voice was silky smooth, and it was the sort of voice that makes the world swoon. He opens the door more to reveal the sunlight behind a girl's silhouette, and a second one hunched and sitting down in an empty desk. John puts up his hand to shield his face from the brainwashing light that blinded him. "Um, you c-could take a seat, if you want..." the figure said. He sits down, away from the radiant heat.

He can see the person much more clearly now. She had dark, flowing hair and violet purple eyes. Her eyes didn't match her mood. "So, uh, this is the reading club, a-and I would love for you to join... Of course you don't have to..." He takes a break from looking at the blushing, timid person in front of him and looks to the direction of the second figure. It was another girl, reading a book. She seems really into her book, and enthusiastic...

He snaps back into reality, shifting his gaze back onto the standing figure in front of him. "Well, sure I'd love to join." He said. "The thing is, is that all you wanted me for? I mean I'm not complaining or anything..." She starts to avert her eyes, and it darted all over the place. "U-umm..." She stuttered. He snaps back into reality, shifting his gaze back onto the standing figure in front of him.

"Um... I didn't offend you or anything, right?" Her face explodes, and starts to push him out of the classroom. "W-well, I think it's time for you to go home now, I hope to see you later..." Before he knew it, he was out the classroom.

Alyson. One of the most beautiful, smart, talented girls in the whole of 8th grade. Maybe even the school. She can do anything she wants and has gotten several offers to go to prestigious universities. She can make it into state level for sports, and she's super rich too, so she can go wherever she wants, whenever she wants. Except...

'She's a little too shy..." John thought. Last week, the teacher asked her a question, and she just sat there, not answering for a solid 3 minutes. But apart from being shy, she also has an obsessive desire to help anyone in need. If she finds out even the most irrelevant of problems, she'll go to extreme lengths to help that person.

Before he even realises, he's standing at his bus stop, that's located near an arcade that he frequently visits and abuses his wallet. The bus stop was located half in the concrete walkway, and half in the grass next to it. He thought that this was a stupid idea, since it blocked half of the walkway, and it made for some awkward situations when people tried to pass each other. The bus stop timetable was partially scratched off and sprayed on by vandals, so at some parts you can read and some parts you can't. So essentially the 'bus stop' reads 'bu-op'. After some time sidestepping around the timetable, he figured when his bus would come, which would be at around 10 minutes. He took the opportunity and walked into the arcade.

He walks over to the racing game he loves to play a lot. He currently holds the record for all the tracks there. He heard that a new map came out, and it relies on your cornering skills to pass. He chooses his car, and then races away.

He walks away, disappointed. 'This is the first time I lost to a total stranger...' He sighs, and walks towards his bus stop. He only had time for one round, because of the bus.

As he sat down, he put on his favourite song, and relaxed his body to sleep. He placed his elbow onto the tiny ledge between window and the seat. He couldn't sleep, because every bump the bus hit, it would make his elbow jump up and make it slip.

After 50 minutes of driving through traffic, and an eternity of bumps, he finally reaches home. He fumbles around with his key, and before he could open the door, the door opened to reveal his little sister.

"Oh, it's just you." Her sister, called Sophia, said. "What, you don't have to sound disappointed." John said with his fake-offended tone. "Well, I'm going to have friends over, and my friends are better than you, so." She shrugged her shoulders like John's life was meaningless. John brushed it off. "Are you going to let me in or..?" John asked. Sophia made a pose, as if she thought about it. "Hmm, I'll think about it..." She says while simultaneously closing the door slowly. Just before she closes it, he parks his foot between the door and the door frame. "Tch," She scoffs, and opens the door.

He takes heavy steps up the stairs, into his room. He jumps onto his bed, causing it to jiggle and make a low-pitched squeaky noise. 'Ugh, I hate this bed...' John thought as he checks under the bed for the millionth time in a row, in hopes of finding a way to stop this torture. As he rises up in despair, he hears a doorbell. "Coming," Sophia shouts. The door creaks open, and he could hear the shuffling of feet. "Alyson, welcome," The voice sounds muffled against the closed door of Johns room.

'Wait, Alyson? What's she doing here?' As John questions his existence, he walks to his computer, and turns it on.

Waving away the confusing thought, he starts to surf the web. Now John loves the concept of space and time, especially breaking the rules for them. He also loves to think of theories. The world line theory is his favourite. 'If there are infinite possibilities, then there are infinite dimensions. So that means we're just an infinitely small line in a cluster of infinite world lines.'

He searches up theories and thinks about them himself. "Huh, so the theory of relativity. Interesting..." He jumps out of his seat, and spins around, locating where the voice came from. "O-oh Alyson. You scared me..." John stammers. He covers up his screen, embarrassed to show his interests. "No, show me, I really want to see." She stares with her emerald green eyes straight into his soul. Her eyes showed determination and demand. His hands moved by themselves.

"Ah I see..." she says. John covers his face. "Interesting..." She envelops a creepy smile on her face... and then it disappears, replacing the face with a confused one. Her violet purple eyes show confusion, as if it was her first time in the room. "W-what..? What am I doing here? O-oh, John..." She covers her face then runs out of the room in a split second, leaving John as confused as a polar bear in the desert.

"Dinner's ready!" Sophia called out. As John wakes from his trance, he hears the stomping of feet breaking the stairs. His door bursts open, to reveal a satisfied Sophia, complete with both arms on her hips and her legs a shoulder width apart, and of course, a big smile on her face. "You can actually cook? You didn't accidentally create something poisonous did you..?" Sophia's face is replaced by a frown. "Oh shut up, it was my first time, and I'm proud of it, ok?" She stomps away.

As John walks down the stairs,