Bark and Bite

TWs: Strong language, homophobic slurs, and implied sexual activity.

Emile Picani was tired. After three elaborate sessions in the same three hours, he had lost a good majority of his personality energy. Thankfully, however, after the last patient had come and gone, hopefully satisfied for long enough, he thought, his favorite person had texted him a "get ready I'm omw" message. Emile grabbed his bag and straightened today's blue tie, on his way out the door to meet his boyfriend.
Remy Sanders, on the other hand, was not tired at all. Dropping his messenger bag into the back seat, he blatantly ignored the amount of empty Starbucks cups that littered the floor. He got into the front seat, picked up the empty cup from the earlier in the morning, and pitched it into the backseat. He started driving towards Emile's new office location. Remy stopped by his favorite flower stand to buy Emile flowers, but sat in the car for a moment trying to recall what color tie his boyfriend had been wearing that morning. When he finally did- he may have not remembered the blue tie, but he distinctly remembered it not being pink- he sent Emile a text he was on his way and payed for the flowers.
Emile waited patiently in the lobby of his office's building. Although he wanted to go home, he figured Remy would want to stop at a Starbucks somewhere and he wasn't exactly opposed to that idea either. But it didn't matter. When it came to Remy, Emile always caved. Besides, Remy was the one driving, so he lost that fight too.
A car pulled up the building, and Emile bounced out to meet it. He opened the door and, although he had flowers shoved in his face, Emile laughed and slid in the car next to Remy, pulling down the flowers and kissing him on the cheek.
"Hi Pumpkin," Emile said, grinning as he watched his partner's face flush slightly. He always enjoyed seeing Remy flustered.
They sat in comfortable silence as Remy drove until Emile yawned, eyes half closed, and Remy glanced over.
"Em? Are you that tired? You alright, mi amor?" He asked, calling Emile by one of their more serious nicknames.
Emile nodded. "I'm fine, 'Cino, we just stayed up too late last night and I had three patients in a row."
Remy scoffed. "Two a.m. is not that late, Daisy. Besides, you enjoyed it."
Emile shifted in the seat. "I'm not saying I didn't enjoy Voltron at two in the morning, I'm saying it was an unwise decision."
"Of course, Lavender. Starbucks?" Remy asked, a small smirk on his face.
Emile sighed. "I don't understand how we're not broke already. Go ahead."
As they drove, Emile described the lovely personalities of today's patients, but still not saying too much, because he took patient confidentiality very seriously.
Remy kept his eyes on the road, but he couldn't help but tune out the words his boyfriend was saying in order to just soak in his voice, his presence. Remy pulled into a parking spot.
"Rem? Remy? Are you paying attention? I said I love y-mmf!" Emile was cut off by Remy, who had quickly leaned over the center console and kissed Emile to shut him up.
"Come on Tulip, let's go."

Emile sat waiting at the window table he had picked, waiting for Remy to bring their drinks and a few snacks. He fiddled with the buttons on his cardigan, looking down. He felt the table shift. His head shot up, and it wasn't Remy on the other side. Instead, a girl sat across from him.
"Hey sweetheart. Are you here alone?" She asked, leaning close to him as she twirled her hair.
"I.. uh-" Emile stuttered, backing up.
The girl giggled and leaned further, putting a finger to his nose.
"Oh, you're speechless! Come on now."
"I'm here with my boyfriend!" He managed to semi-shout out, and the girl's smile fell.
"Oh, I see. You fancy yourself a gay. That's alright, sweetie. One night with me and I can convince you otherwise." She snickered and reached out to touch his neck, but she was interrupted by a cough.
Remy gently set down both of the cups of coffee and the pastry bags. He took off his sunglasses and folded them on his jacket. Emile's eyes widened.
The girl laughed. "You think you can scare me? I'm not afraid of a couple fags."
Remy leaned down and looked her in the eyes. "Listen up. You're going to leave my sweet, innocent boyfriend alone. Trust me, 'sweetheart,' " he hissed, "my bite is much worse than my bark."
The girl immediately scampered off, and Remy put his sunglasses back on, taking Emile's hand.
"Are you alright, Iris?" Remy asked gently, handing Emile his typical hot chocolate with his free hand.
Emile nodded slowly and took the warm drink. "I'm fine. She didn't actually do anything, and you know, I've gotten used to words."
Remy sighed. "Em, I'm so sorry. Do you want to go home and watch-"
Emile smiled softly. "-cartoons?"
Remy mimicked his smile. "Yeah, Dahlia. Cartoons."
.  * .    .   °  . ●                  ° .
¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. ☆
   ° :.                    ° .       . ● .°     °★
★  ★°★ .  *  .  °☆  . ● . ★ ° .  • ○ ● .  ☆  ★ ° ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  . • °  

Author's Note
Hi! I'm so sorry this is really freaking short, and also really out of character, at least I feel for Sleep, which ya unfortunately might have to get used to because there's not enough Sleep material in the world. *Cough*
Anyway, yeah, this is probably awful, but I attempted to provide more Remile material!
∪︿∪