Chapter 4: Meeting Everyone

Chapter 4

Later that night, my phone rang,

Turn up the music, just turn it up louder,

Turn up the music..

(Turn up the Music-Chris Brown)

I grabbed it from the nightstand and sat up from the bed which I was just starting to settle down in.

"Hello?" I said, answering the phone.

I heard someone crying dramatic tears on the other end, "I -I didn't make it." 

"Lana?" I asked hearing a familiar voice.

"Who do you think it is?! God Keegan!" She continued crying.

"Sorry. You know everything works out for the best, maybe its a calling to be in the 2016 Olympics, not this one. Everything happens for a reason, Lana."

Lana continued crying, "I know. I know." Moments after she sucked her tears, and said angrily, "Wait.. did you make it?!"

I sighed, "Lana...I told you everything happens for a reason, please don't be mad."

"Gosh! I hate you!" Lana said slamming her phone, hanging up on me.  

Tears started to swell my eyes. "I hate you!" I kept replaying. One tear slowly fell down my cheek. Wiping it away, I knew that I had no reason to have her mean words get to me. I sucked up my tears and stood tall.

My phone rang again and I answered it realizing it was Dani.

"Hey Dani!" I said in a weak voice from crying earlier. 

"Hi Keegie!" She said happily, "So..Are you in?"

I smiled while nodding my head, "Yes."

I heard her scream of happiness on the other end of the phone.  I laughed at her excitement. She slowly said, "I made it too Keegie." Then she screamed, "I made it too!"

I screamed of happiness while laughing hoping no one complained about yelling late at night.

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

The next morning I dressed in a dark red leotard, slipping sweats over it and sporting adidas. I threw my big bag on my shoulder and headed to the gym, excited about meeting my team and coaches.

I walked to wear I saw three girls standing, none of them being Dani. Dani was always late.

"Hi." I waved to the girls walking over to them.

"Hi!" They all said greeting me. I gave them all a big hug and told them congratulations.

"My name is Audrey, but people call me Keegan." I laughed.

One girl with light brown hair and pale skin laughed, "Hi Keegan! I'm Kayley." She seemed very sweet. 

"I'm Ashton."   A girl with dark brown hair said. She was very muscular and was super sweet and had an amazing smile from what I could tell. "I'm from Massachusetts." 

A girl with dark brown hair and blue eyes said, "I'm Jenny." She smiled not showing her teeth. 

"Nice to meet all of you!" I said placing my bag down. 

All of a sudden, Dani came running into the gym. Spotting us, she ran right to us, "I'm so sorry guys! I was almost late!" Jenny, Kayley, and Ashton laughed shaking their heads. I giggled at my friend.

"Hi guys, this is my friend, Dani, she is always late, just letting you know. Dani this is Jenny, Kayley, and  Ashton!" I said pointing to the girls standing in front of us.

"Hiya." Dani said waving her hand as she was still breathing heavily. She dropped her bag by the rest of our bags, and joining the group. 

Two coaches and a judge walked in. From a distance I thought one of the coaches looked familiar. Then I realized it was one of our amazing team A coaches! 

"Coach!" Dani and I screamed running up to him. He laughed then whispered, "Go back, now's not the time."

The judge came to us first, "Okay here are the rules." The judge had a squeaky voice but she seemed really stern. She gave the coaches a list of all the rules and what the judges like to see, while talking to us. 

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

The next day the vigurous training started. I realized that these gymnasts were absolutely amazing! I was the youngest on this team. Kayley was great at vault, and she was 18. Ashton was best at floor, she was almost 18. Jenny and Dani were good at the bars and were also 18. My strong suit was the beam and I was 17. 

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

By the end of the day we were sweating terribly, we all ran to jump in ice baths. Through all our hard work so far, we've bonded incredibly.