Chapter 3

Nia's POV

I just walked into the shop. I do hair for a side job. My best friend works at one to but across town. I was currently at my station cleaning up when Eva walked up to me saying my client had canceled but I had a different one today and it was a man.

That took me by surprise. I've never cut a mans hair before besides the little boys around where my granny live. She could tell I was nervous. "You okay" She asked me. I nodded. Fuck no I wasn't okay I was about to shit bricks.

But I continued cleaning up and I got the clippers out cleaning them up. When the most finest nigga walked in. He caught all the ladies attention. Even mine but I wasn't drooling over him. My grandma taught me better than that. "Never let a nigga THINK you NEED him" she always said.

He smiled at me. Lawd that smile he had the prettiest white teeth with one deep dimple on his right cheek. He had another one on the left but it wasn't as deep. His hazel eyes met mine. "Hey have you seen Nell" he asked. "Uh there's no nell that works here" I told him. He looked at me sideways.

"The girl who set up my appointment said nell" he told me. "Um you mean nia. I'm her and I'll be cutting your hair today" I told him. He laughed. "Ight ma, you know what you doing right?" He asked me. I scrunched up my face. "Nigga yes , now sit down you wasting my time and yours" I told him clearly agitated.

After I was done cutting his hair he got up examining it. "I fucks with this ma" he told me. I smiled and nodded. He left me a $1,000 tip. "Um i don't have change for this" I told him. "Keep it" he told me before walking to the back.

"Bitch you know who you just got smart with right?" Eva asked. "Nawl" I said. "The new owner" she told me. I just stared at her. "Eva if he the new owner why he had to make an appointment?" I asked her. "Word around the shop is he's discussing it over with Ms.Angie now that's why he went to the back" she told me. I swear this shop is the 411. But whatever it don't scare me that he's the new owner.