one

//: surprise ‼️🍉

[ third pov ]

would it be an understatement to say that mark was completely in love with haechan? the two boys were seated across from each other while playing footsies underneath the table. tonight was a special one; it was their first date.

after countless nights of planning a perfect date with the help of lucas, mark finally had the courage to ask out haechan. "do you like the view?" the older asked, giggling in the process. haechan nodded while he turned to look out the window. it was night time and the restaurant they were dining at allowed them to see over the city.

"the view's really nice, but it's even better because you're here." he smiled brightly, catching mark off guard. he was so damn cute. they continued to eat dinner and conversed for another hour before leaving.

the two walked side by side on the busy street, their hands lightly brushing against each other. mark was too scared to hold haechan's hand, afraid that the younger wouldn't like it. haechan seemed to notice as he lightly chuckled. he swiftly grabbed onto marks hand and lightly held it.

mark smiled, his gaze slowly melting as he squeezed haechan's hand lightly. they walked for a while before stopping at a quiet park by the riverside. the cold breeze lightly blew passed them and the leaves shuffled in the background.

this was the last part of the date. sitting together by the river, letting the water lightly brush against their toes and having a quiet night. haechan softly smiled as his legs lightly swung back and forth in the river and mark hummed softly as he looked up at the sky.

the moon illuminated the whole park, making the water sparkle beneath them. a comfortable silence fell upon them as the two just continued to admire the view quietly to themselves. they knew that tonight was going to be the last peaceful one they'll have for a while.

hansol recently made some appearances again. he was caught on multiple ctv footages near the area and the police had been trying to find him. he was a dangerous man; the day he escaped, he brought a load of toxic chemicals with him and he wasn't going to use it with good intentions.

"should we head back? taeyong doesn't like it when we're out late." haechan asked, slipping his feet out of the water. mark nodded but stopped the younger from standing up. "wait, i have a present for you." he urged the younger to close his eyes before taking something out from his pocket.

"no peeking." mark warned as haechan nodded. he slipped the present out from the box and leaned forward as his arms wrapped loosely around haechan's neck. "okay, open your eyes."

he slowly opened his eyes and look down. it was a sliver necklace with a small gem in the middle. "well shit, this looks expensive." haechan laughed as mark frowmed. "hey, hey, i'm joking." the younger's laughter slowly died down as he held his hands up.  mark shook his head as he pulled
haechan into a hug.

"mark? i'm kidding, i actually love it-"

"shush, i know. just enjoy the moment."

haechan held the older tighter as he nuzzled his face into his neck. it felt so warm and safe with him around but he knew that it wouldn't last long.