twelve.

+ london +

+ london +

We made it back to the compound at the same time Peggy and Steve did, Steve's clothes dripping wet. Steve sat on a medical bed, a nurse taking vial after vial of blood from his arm. I leaned against the counter, my arms crossed, tapping my foot unpatiently. Steve stared at my foot, barely flinching as the nurse pulled back the syringe, blood flooding into it.

"Think you've got enough?" he said, breaking eye contact from my foot to the box holding all the vials, which was completely full of them.  "Any hope of recreating the serum is in your genetic code, without Erskine it will take years" I said as the nurse shuffled out of the room.

"He deserved more than this" he said solemnly, staring down at the floor. "Yes well, he would be proud it was you" I said before straightening up, as he did the same."Come on"I said leaving the room through the door, leading into one of the large labs that had the HYDRA submarine in it, Howard bent over it examining it. I wasn't even aware we had technology like this, Schmidt never really showed me anything like this.

We walked into the lab, Senator Brandt talking to both Peggy and Philips,  Howard adding to the discussion from his workplace. "HYDRA is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions" Peggy said, pursing her lips as she shook her head. I walked up to the group, Steve by my side, Peggy turned and smiled at me, before smiling at Steve as well. "HYDRA's practically a cult. They worship Schmidt, they think he's invincible" Philips cleared up to the Senator.

"So what are you gonna do about it?" Brandt asked, sounding slightly annoyed. "Spoke to the president this morning. As of today the SSR is being retasked" Colonel said, making both Peggy and I look at him.
"Sorry?" I proclaimed, simultaneously as Peggy asked "Colonel?"

"We are taking the fight to HYDRA. Pack your bags Agents', you too, Stark. You're flying to London tonight" He stated, looking behind him at Stark, who shot me a wink quickly."Well this is an adventure isn't it?" I said to Peggy under my breath. Both of us walked away from all the men, leaving Steve to talk to the Colonel. "Who's up for a quick drink before the flight huh?" Howard said catching up with us, looking at us both with a smug smile. "Sorry Howard, but we've got to pack" Peggy said to him, a sweet yet condescending smile on her face.

I've never been to London before.

!

The British SSR division was basically underground, making it completely unseen to the public eye. A map sat in the main room, pointers trying to figure out where the Hydra bases lay. Every time they made a new estimate or prediction, I would mentally curse, I had worked in and out of most of the bases, so I knew the whereabouts pretty well. I had even gone as far as slightly moving one that was getting a little bit too close, slightly knocking it out of place while no one was watching.

I was sitting at my desk, which was right in the middle of the work place, Peggy's desk sitting right next to mine, and Howard paying us frequent visits if he wasn't off chatting to some girl who worked here. "Ally, look at this" Peggy said angrily, marching up to my workspace.She threw a newspaper at me, covering the file I was reading over. There on the front of the newspaper was none other than Steve, in his costume, smiling brightly while being surrounded by kids.

"This is what they've got him doing, singing and dancing" She scoffed, taking a seat next to me forcefully. I quickly read through the article, Steve was going around preforming in that useless uniform, but somehow he had managed to sell an abundance of things.

"He is a bloody super soldier and they have him preforming for a bunch of kids" She said throwing her hands up in disbelief. "That sucks" I said folding up the paper and handing her it back, going back to my work.

"He'll be in Italy next week, dancing in front of a bunch of troops" she said not as hostile as before. "Oh is someone protective over her boyfriend?" I said jokingly, turning my head to stare at her.

She smiled at me sarcastically, as I laughed lightly at her. "What are you reading about?" she asked my as she set the newspaper on the edge of her desk, getting started on her own paperwork. "The 107th is set to go to Azzano in a few days, it's just the brief" I said mentioning what I was trying to work on.

"Italy" she said quietly as she sifted through the stack of files she had piled around her desk. "Thats where Steve is" she continued, opening a file, beginning to work on it. "Yes Ive heard" I said slightly annoyed, I had attempted to read this line multiple times now, Peggy continuously interrupting my train of thought.

"I am just so angry that they are using him as an entertainer" She huffed completely forgetting about what she had in front of her, grabbing the paper once more and reading the article again.

I closed up the file and piled it on top of the all other work i had to do, pushing my chair back across the hard wood floors. I gathered them in my arms, walking down the bullpen styled room to another worker sitting in the corner.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but do you think we could swap desks for like an hour?" I asked sweetly, putting on my smile. Private Loraine  nodded her head willingly,  taking her work and leaving her desk for mine. I took a seat, reopening the file that I was trying to work through. I sighed once more before starting to read it again.

Finally in some peace.

—-

A/N : Hey guyyys
lol here's another filler chapter, there's not much to say
But thank you for reading and continuing to read, please vote and all that jazz
Love y'all

A/N : Hey guyyys lol here's another filler chapter, there's not much to say But thank you for reading and continuing to read, please vote and all that jazz Love y'all