Some romance thing or something

The red-haired girl's doorbell rang and her attention was turned to the door. She stood up off her couch and opened the door before being wrapped up in a tight hug from her dark-skinned girlfriend.

The other girl gasped, returning the hug to her. "Rubie? Oh, I missed you so much!" she exclaimed.

Rubie smiled, her cheeks were stained with tears, not from sadness, but from joy. "I missed you too, Alex! A month is just too long to be separated from you."

The two hugged each other for a little while longer before Alex pulled back, leaving one of her hands on Rubie's shoulder. "Come on, let's sit down." Alex's hand wrapped around Rubie as she lead her to the couch. After helping her sit, she sat across from her.

"I'm really glad we can be together again," Rubie smiled as she interlocked their hands together. "I guess it's a good thing that our birthdays are only a month apart, because...I don't think I could have waited any longer than that." She looked to the ground as a month of a pain came rushing back to her.

Alex swept a bit of Rubie's dark hair behind her ear and rested her palm onto her cheek as she angled Rubie's head up to her and told her in a reassuring tone, "All that's behind us now, Rubie. You're eighteen now and now it's okay for us to be together again. We don't need to worry about that stupid age gap anymore!"

Rubie sheepishly smiled as Alex's words, placing her free hand over hers. "You're right Alex, let's not focus on the past, just the present," she responds, her smile beginning to soften.

Alex chuckled lightly, "Glad to know you think so." She smiled back, gazing into Rubie's eyes, Rubie doing the same. It was quiet for a bit before Alex spoke again with simply, "Happy eighteenth, Rubie."

Alex let go of Rubie's other had, wrapped her arm around her waist, pulling her closer as she let out a small gasp of surprise, but she didn't mind this at all, she just wrapped her free arm around Alex's neck and continued to stare into her eyes before quickly and softly pressing their lips together.

This took Alex by surprise and she fell onto her back, not breaking the kiss at all. She melted into it, remembering how sort Rubie's lips were. In fact, she  was so engaged in the kiss, she didn't notice she had fallen over.

Rubie didn't either, but she liked it, and didn't wish to do anything to stop it. She tilted her head to the side, deepening the kiss as Alex slowly began to play with her hair.

They laid like this for a while, still unaware on what they'd been doing, before Rubie pushed back a bit to catch her breath. She looked down to Alex, her face noticeably darkened as she blushed, but it quickly went a away as Alex smiled to her.

Rubie couldn't help but quietly giggle before resuming the kiss. Her hand, still atop Alex's, slowly slid down the lenght of her arm and down to her waist where it stayed.

Hi, I have written ANYTHING since mid-September. This book is here to get me back into the writing game.

Descriptions aren't hard, it's the dialogue that is. And writing at 3am is fun 'cause you have the mindset to type, but you don't feel bad for doing it.