Galactic Anniversary

Hello, everyone, welcome back! I hope you all like politics... 'cause I sure don't. X/

Chapter 2: Galactic Anniversary

KND Moonbase

The audience chamber was packed to the brim with Kids Next Door operatives from all around. Today was a very special day, a day that happens only a few times each year. It was time to introduce brand new operatives to the KND. The newly graduated cadets lined up on the stage, very eager to sign their contract. They all looked pretty normal... except one particular girl stood about 15 feet tall or so. She was quite massive.

Zach and Maddy stood guard on the stage, and the latter looked quite glad that this giant girl was standing there. Sectors V and W7 stood in the very front, looking just as happy for this girl. Among the audience, many sectors gathered, curious if new members would be added to their teams. Sector IC looked casually (with Terry and Miyuki having frowns as usual), but the 5 felt excited deep down. Sector DR sat in one of the higher rows, with each member minding their own business, while Doflamingo Jr. sat kicked back in his chair, baring his cool look. This sector seemed to have their eye on a particular aquamarine-haired girl, probably hoping she'll join their group.

Finally, Supreme Leader Numbuh 3621 stepped up on stage and approached the podium microphone. "Boys and girls, as Kids Next Door Supreme Leader, I'm proud to introduce this year's first line of Cadet Next Door graduates!"

"YAAAAAAAHHHH!"

"The routine's the same as every year: our graduates will insert their data into the KND Code Module, choose a numbuh, and the Sooper Big Computermabob will determine a sector of which to appoint them! The first on our list, hailing from Japan, it's MOCHAAAA..." Cheren squinted at the paper, "um... there appears to be a smudge on the last name... ahem, COME on up!" The operatives roared with cheers as the giant girl with black, messy hair stepped up to the podium. "Recommended by Sector V and our Decommissioning Troupe for her heroic actions in the recent Punk Hazard Kidnapping. Mocha, you may proceed!"

"Mm-hm!" The giant nodded, and with pure confidence, she stuck her pinky up her nose and extracted a huge booger. She knelt down to insert it in the Code Module, but frowned seeing the device was much too tiny for it to fit. "Um..."

"Heheh, let me get that." Cheren offered as he scooped part of the booger in his own finger; baring a disgusted look as he did so. He stuck the booger into the module, and the Sooper Computer began beeping.

"Data for operative: Mocha received. Please: choose a numbuh."

"Ummmm..." The giant girl tapped her chin, then smiled upon reaching a decision. "I choose the codename, Numbuh 7-Feet Tall!"

"You're a little bigger than THAT!" Cheren snickered.

"I know! I just feel more comfortable with the number 7."

"Heh, well I won't judge. Anything you'd like to say while it determines your sector?"

"Mmm!" Mocha nodded happily and faced up at the audience. "A lot of you might have a similar story... but, for most of my life, me and my friends were held captive and abused by a terrible man, and we didn't even know it." She frowned while remembering this. "If it wasn't for the Kids Next Door, we all probably would've died. ..." Her confident smile returned as she declared, "And that's why, the moment I escaped, I wanted to join the Kids Next Door to stop OTHER kids from sharing the same fate! I wanna save kids from all the bad people who wanna abuse them, so kids can all be FREE!"

"YAAAAAAYYY!"

"And I am also proud, to be the very first GIANT kid to join the Kids Next Door!"