[ r a m u d a ]

a sweet and sour encounter
[reader's point of view]

•••

There's this guy who's always been in my mind lately. His name is Amemura Ramuda. He's pretty famous in Shibuya since he's an ex-member of The Dirty Dawg.

He has a pretty friendly face and is really kind. But something doesn't seem right. I haven't seen any other emotion coming from him aside from happiness. The only reason why I noticed is because of Gentaro Yumeno.

"Isn't he an intriguing person?", Gentaro muttered into my ear.

I jolted from my seat when I felt his breath on my ear. I snarled at the novelist for startling me. He chuckles at my response and sits down beside me on the park bench.

Gentaro and I are merely acquaintances so don't get it wrong. From afar, I stared at the pink haired boy who was talking with Arisugawa Dice, a member of Fling Posse. Amemura was laughing heartily and seeing that just made me think harder if he ever feels anything else aside from joy.

"Have you seen Amemura-san cry or get mad before?", I asked Gentaro, not averting my gaze from the pink haired boy.

"Hm? You're starting to take an interest in our leader, I see."

I slapped his arm for that comment. I wouldn't be this way if he hadn't opened that loud mouth of his.

"To answer your question, it's a yes. I've seen him get mad.", Gentaro replied while rubbing his arm.

"That's a lie."

"You think so? Well, It's totally fine if you don't believe me. But what I just told you is n—"

"Gentaro!"

Both Gentaro and I turned our heads to the owner if the voice. Of course, it was none other than Amemura Ramuda. He just stood right in front of us with a huge smile on his face. Later, his gaze landed on me. His eyes scanned me from head to toe so I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably under his gaze.

"You're really pretty, Onee-san! What's your name?", He eagerly asked.

Gentaro interjected, "Her nam—"

"What's your name, Onee-san?"

He probably didn't want to hear it from Gentaro so I answered his question and introduced myself properly. A little after my introduction, he held my hand and happily cheered.

"We're friends now! My name is Amemura Ramuda but I want you to call me Ramuda!"

I glared at Gentaro and gave him a surprised look. He just nodded his head, implying that I should just go along with Ramuda.

After this encounter, we eventually became close. Ramuda would often invite me out to play. He usually brings a candy or two whenever we go out. There were even times when he would give me one. It's kind of nice to actually have a friend.

"Ramuda, may I ask you a question?", I spoke.

"Go!", He bellowed.

We're quite close now so I guess there's a chance that he'll tell me a few things about his past. I inhaled sharply and exhaled. I'm just really curious about his life since I literally know nothing except his disliking towards Jinguji Jakurai from Shinjuku. Actually, people don't really know the reason behind that.

"I want to know more about you. Can you please tell me more about yourself?"

"Eh? Introductions are boring,
Onee-san!", Ramuda exclaimed.

"Or atleast tell me about The Dirty Dawg? Or Jinguji Jakurai? I heard that you and him are n—"

Out of nowhere, he pinned me against his couch. Ramuda's bright and playful aura soon vanished and was replaced with a dark one. I must've rambled on too much.

Ramuda leaned in closer, his eyes not leaving mine. "What are your ulterior motives, Y/N? What are you planning to do?"

Not only did his aura change but also his voice. A chill went down my spine as soon as those words left his mouth. So this is what Gentaro was talking about. Ramuda can sure get scary if you get on his nerves.

I gulped nervously, "I have no motives. I was just curious about your past life."

"Oh? Please tell the reason why you want to know more about me?"

He raises both of his eyebrows, waiting for my reply. I guess I have no choice but to be honest. I don't want to press any of his buttons anymore.

"Because we're friends."

Out of the blue, Ramuda tightly embraced me. I was about to stop him until I heard the sound of him giggling. He must be back to his usual self now. Seconds later, he finally let go and stood right in front of me with a smile plastered on his face.

"I can tell you more about myself but I don't want to have another conversation like that, Onee-san."

I nodded my head. I'll just respect him and not ask about his past anymore. I've learned my lesson and I don't wish to anger him. After all, He is my friend.