Chapter 6: Ask Away

Start from the beginning

"Yes, what is your question?"

"All right." He claps his hands and takes my sandwich out of my grasp. "First off, does this have anything to do with you not being an ordinary girl? Second question, you think I'm that shallow? Thirdly, in some sort of code did you just tell me you like me?"

My hands run through my hair and mess it around, "Yes, no and yes." Well that was easier than I thought.

"Help me out here I'm still a little cloudy on the details." Okay maybe Ryan needed a little more of an explanation.

"Promise me you won't laugh?" Ryan's head frantically nod as his expression tells me to go on.

"Here's the deal, I really like you. You're sweet, hot, kind, coy, but I've only met you for what has it been? Three, maybe four days? I don't believe in relationships in high school because I'm "that girl" with the old fashion sort of thinking. You wanted to kiss me right?" His eyes move to anywhere that isn't my face but I grab his cheeks and make sure he doesn't shy away. "Am I wrong? Because if I am please do say so." Like I expected he nodded but not before he looked down like my mouth was his next meal, I roll my eyes and playfully slap his face.

"I take that was my answer, but did you even ask me on a date? No. Have you even asked me to be your girlfriend? Just because you have the need to kiss me doesn't mean I'm going to go ahead and let you! I am not a device used for your kissing needs. You want to kiss me, then honey you'll have to work for it! I am not easily cornered into a kiss, if you want to kiss me then ask me out or show me I can trust you enough with my heart then you shall be rewarded with a kiss. Fair enough I believe?" If he thought I was his little Barbie that would be all Sure you can kiss me, it won't affect me one bit! He was wrong. I already had knowledge that he has a huge effect on me so kissing him would drive me insane, well more than I am already. Is it crazy that I can contain a little self-control around him?

"Can I just say that I admire your maturity?" That wasn't what I expected. Ryan smiles with adoration at me as he continues, "I've always been around girls that throw themselves at me, wanting to get straight to business but when I met you, all I could see was a girl who has heart large enough to put up with this rude idiot for these past couple of days. You made me the approacher and stopped all my advances. Truthfully, I've never had such a shot to my ego." He let out a breathy laugh, giving me the urge to smile which I grateful let show.

"You know that's the longest I've heard you talk without me interrupting you? You should do that more often, makes me feel like less of a blabbermouth." I said as I gave him another grin.

"How's about before we escalate our whatever we are, we play a game?" Wiggling his eyebrows I didn't really want to accept Ryan's offer until he explained further. "We'll play twenty question." With that response I let out a sigh of relief and nodded. "I'll go first," He insisted while I chowed down on the last bits of my lunch.

"What are your thoughts about sex?" Queue the depressing music because I was choking and spewing food, if you don't quite understand Ryan just made me waste my sandwich. I know, please do pray for that beautiful BLT. Through my whole fit of coughs my flailing hands lost control of my precious and thus is plummeted to the concrete, where the seagulls happily attacked my lunch before I could save it. Handing me a bottle of water Ryan rubs and pats my back as I continue to choke my woes away. I would thank him but he threw away my joy that was swished between two slices of bread.

After about three minutes of a good explosion of coughs, I managed to turn to him with a devil glare. Unexpectedly Ryan gave me his half of his sandwich, without the tomatoes of course. Actually he didn't quite give it to me, more he treated me like a child saying "Choo, choo! The forgiveness train is coming through." While feeding me his sandwich, and like a good girl who ate her vegetables I smiled at his sweet action.

The sub passed between both of us; I take a bite then after he did. Gladly he waited until I didn't have any food in my mouth he repeated his previous question. My nose wrinkled as the "s" word flowed out of his mouth. I'm going to openly admit this; I am quite innocent honestly. My friends had to tell me what horny meant or what a dildo was and I had never been so embarrassed in my whole life. Who knew handcuffs were used for that? I sure didn't. When it came to the dirty deed I was in no way shape of form comfortable with the topic.

"Oh that... activity? I'm not very familiar with the whole thing." That's right ladies and gentlemen I was admitting I was a virgin. Is that wrong? Hell no. I'm like a children's book; easily read. Am I ashamed? No. Why? Let's find out shall we?

"You're a virgin?" I was surprised that Ryan was actually surprised about this. Double negative much.

"Yes I am, why are you surprised?" Seriously, my whole being screamed I HAVEN'T DONE THE NASTY I might as well buy a shirt with that on it.

"I don't know, I thought that since you handled me so well it was because you've had guys throw themselves at you. Though you are the most innocent girl I've ever met, so I guess I should have saw that." He shrugged his shoulders as I stared at him with the most flabbergasted look on my face. That's right flabbergasted, I got some vocabulary up my sleeve.

"First off, no that is not the reason. I am just blind to charm and flirting. If you flirt I think that you're acting weird because you caught it from me, I am so crazy it could spread if I sneezed on you." I heard Ryan chuckle at my lame joke as I continued to explain my point.

"My second reason is, as insane as it sounds, I've made up my mind that I won't have sex until marriage." Instead of the laughter I thought would burst into my ears I was greeted by an understanding smile. I was bracing myself for the "you believe in that sh*t?" comments or the "well I'm leaving." That I've been hit with whenever I tell the opposite gender; nowadays I've never met a guy that was like-

"I totally understand." Now try to image my expression when Ryan said these words. I had the whole are you from another planet where there are only beautiful creatures like yourself live there? If so, please take me to your leader. With my mouth agape and eyes the size of pies I am left there just staring at his face waiting for the Just kidding! Or maybe a man with a microphone jump out from the tree with camera screaming You've been pranked! That would be one cruel joke.

"What?" I glance around my surroundings to check for that jumping man but come short with nothing in my line of sight. Ryan's hand guides me to look back at his face and squishes my cheeks making me look like a magikarp (if you don't know what it is google it I have so many nerdy jokes).

"Believe it or not I think that is actually the most wonderful thing a girl would do. You are special. I sincerely hope you find a guy just as special to you for your wish." With that statement he released my cheeks and stroked my hair gently, as if I was a snowflake in his palm, at any moment I would melt and disappear. Well I will have to admit that at this moment I was in my own little fairytale and if things kept going this way I'd develop enough guts to kiss him. But you know what things never go my way.

As he was playing with my hair I felt a slimy substance dripping down my forearm. When I look down, I shriek like I saw a rat but instead of a hairy demon it was in the form of poop. Bird poop. I had just been a feathery creature's bathroom, toilet and wipes

I grabbed my arm and screamed for the fifth time then ran into the middle of the park we were sitting at and dunked the contamination zone into the fountain. Everyone in the whole park had his or her eyes on me as I scrubbed the crap out of my arm while saying "Ew." Multiple times. Ryan on the other hand wasn't helping me instead he was still sitting on the bench laughing so hard he fell off. Just when I saw beginning to think he was a sweet guy. Though mind you, I would have done the exact same thing.

Eventually his laughter comes to an end while my attitude toward that bird went from extreme hatred to hatred. Ryan's feet make their way over to where I'm sitting with my arm free of bird crap but the smell of old crusty fountain water taints my arm.

"You know you truly aren't an ordinary girl." That's for sure.