FORTY SIX

Kat felt nauseous

Kat felt nauseous.

She always thought that if anyone were to catch feelings in her little relationship with Noah, it'd definitely be her.

Yet here she was after Noah just confessed his feelings for her.

Tom noticed her the second she stepped out.

If he was being honest, he may have heard a bit of what Noah said after he had to go back in to use the bathroom.

The bathroom was forgotten of the second he heard what Noah was saying.

He instead waited outside, hoping for Kat to come out alone and not hand in hand with Noah.

He let go of the breath he was holding seeing Noah walk out alone, not smiling at all like Tom knew he'd be if Kat reciprocated his feelings.

"You're a sucky date," Felicity huffed, arms crossed.

Tom rolled his eyes, not bothering to look away from Noah who now stood with Carter.

"I'm only your date because you want to make Harrison jealous, which is ridiculous by the way considering he's not even paying attention to you. He's all over Alex."

"Yes but look at her, she's not interested whatsoever. When is he going to get the damn hint?"

"When you like a girl a lot, you're determined to get her to like you back- in a non creepy way, of course."

"Right, cause staring down her date is not creepy at all."

"I'm not staring him down!"

"You so are," Felicity now rolled her eyes, drinking the rest of her cocktail, "I'm surprised you haven't started a fight with him yet."

"I'm not a child, Felicity."

"Coulda fooled me, Thomas."

Tom perked up the second Kat finally walked out, not hesitating to go straight to her.

"Hey," he smiled, "You were in there for a while."

"Yeah," she smiled softly, "I uh... lost track of time?"

Tom went to question her further when the laughter of the group interrupted him.

He could see how distressed Kat was and he wanted nothing more than to help her out, so he suggested, "Wanna go somewhere quiet?"

"Yes please," she whispered after catching Noah's expectant eyes.

So Tom took her to a secret spot Robert told him about when he first came over.

It was his and Susan's escape from the kids and the world really, so he figured this was as good of a place as any.

While he took a seat on the bench, Kat paced.