Move (Part 29)

Y/n's POV
3 weeks later
Jim and I had both gotten the day off so I could get all situated into his apartment. I was currently in my apartment packing up the last box. I grabbed all the framed photos off my wall. I took down the one of me and Pam at the Grand Canyon 2 years ago. We loved it there, we drove for 2 days down there and the whole car ride was filled with us jamming and us fighting over who got to play the songs. I took down another photo, one of me and Jim around Christmas, I was clinging to him cause I was freezing but we both had the biggest smiles anyone could ever see on our faces. Taking down these photos made me crack a smile, I really had the best life. I was interrupted from my flashbacks by Jim coming through the door. He looked at me and smiled.
"Is that the last box?" I placed the last photo in the box and sealed the box labeled, "photos."
"Yea,"I picked it up and took one last look at my empty apartment, I was really gonna miss this place. "This is the last one." I threw my keys onto the kitchen counter and took one last glance at my apartment.
"Okay let's get going, it's gonna rain soon and I don't wanna take boxes in while it's raining." We headed out my door for the last time and as we headed to Jim's car we fought about carrying the box because he insisted he must because he didn't want me to trip but I kept telling him I had it until I gave in and gave him the box. We placed it with the others in the back of Jim's car and we were all ready. We both hopped in his car and sat there.
"We're really doing this." I sighed and leaned into the seat.
"Yea, we really are." Jim smiled. We sat there for a few seconds processing this moment. It was a huge step in our relationship.
"I'm gonna get tired of you in like 3 hours." Jim sighed.
"Hey! Rude!" I punched him in the shoulder.
"I'm kidding, I love you." He laughed. He started up the car and headed out towards his apartment. It wasn't that far from mine, it was definitely closer to the office, which was amazing because I wouldn't have to wake up so early. But I did think that we'd be with each other 24/7, at work and at home. This would be crazy, but at the same time exciting. I was pulled from my thoughts by him pulling into his apartment building, my thoughts had made time feel like mere seconds. His apartment building was way nicer than mine I do have to say.
"We're here." He beamed.
"Yes I can see that." Neither of us really moved, we both were nervous about this I could tell and it was a nervous situation, moving in with my boyfriend. We both knew it was the next step and it would be great for the both of us but we didn't know what the future held. I got out of the car and we began to carry in boxes. I didn't bring that much cause Jim had a lot of the basics so I mostly brought my personal possessions, clothes, pictures, etc. It didn't take that long to take in all the boxes from the car to Jim's apartment but when he brought in the last box, both of us sighed a heave of relief. I looked at my pile of boxes and I felt Jim come up and hug me from behind, he rested his head on my shoulder.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." I hugged his arm.
"I'm so happy you're moving in with me."
"I am too." I cracked a big smile. "Now, we have some work to do, and by we I mean mostly me." I smiled.
"What? I am going to help!" He got all defensive, it was honestly cute.
"I like my stuff a certain way though." I crossed my arms. We held an angry stare for awhile.
"Fine," he sighed. "Make yourself right at home, I mean this is your home now too." He kissed me on the cheek. I found his scissors and started cutting open boxes. I started with the clothes and hung them up in the closet. An hour into unpacking Jim said he was going out to get food for us and I gladly accepted, I was starving. I haven't had anything to eat all day. While he was out I examined the apartment. Sure I've been here numerous times since we started dating but my curiosity was showing. I examined all the photos on his walls, some of him and his family, some with people in the office, and some with me. He had photos of us all around his house, it made me smile. He even had the good photos of us. I was finally on the last box and I wizzed through it just in time for Jim to get back with the food. We sat at his table, well now it was our table, that was crazy to think. We sat at the table and talked. We talked about how lonely Dwight was without us there.
"When we go back tomorrow he'll be supreme ruler." Jim said.
"He'll have the whole office in chains working for him." I added. It was nice to take a day off, it wasn't good but it was relaxing.
Time skip

As it got later, Jim and I were curled up on the couch watching a movie, I was slowly falling asleep and I could tell both of us were really tired.
"I think it's time to go to bed." I said between yawns. Jim let out a yawn in return.
"Yea." I looked at the clock, it was only 9, today had tired the both of us out. We both walked the short distance to our room and just passed out. I felt Jim hug me and tiredly whisper,
"Goodnight, love you"