New Years Kiss (Part 23)

Y/n's POV
We pulled away from the kiss.
"Wha-why-why are you here? You're supposed to be with your family for a few more days and-." I️ rambled.
"I️ came home early. I️ thought about how much I️ missed you and I️ had to come home to be with you on New Years. And it seemed like perfect timing I️ showed up." He smiled.
"That really was perfect timing. Happy New Year!" I️ beamed.
"Happy New Year." He smiled. I️ let him in. Right when I️ shut the door he hugged me and twirled me around.
"Woah, someone missed me!" I️ laughed.
"Ahhhh! I️ can't even explain how much I️ missed you!" He kissed me again.
"I️ missed you too, so much. It's been pretty boring without you here." I️ sighed.
"Well now I️ here," he plopped on the couch. "And you have...wine?" He looked at the bottle and shot glasses.
"Nope." I️ sat next to him. "Sparkling grape juice."
"Why sparkling grape juice?" He laughed.
"It's a tradition, want some?" I️ asked.
"Why not, now let's not get too crazy." I️ laughed at his comment. I️ went to go get another glass.

Time skip

It was now 2am and Jim and I️ have just been talking about the holidays.
"Yea my family and I️ go sledding on this huge hill on Christmas Eve, you totally have to come next year." His face lit up just talking about his family.
"I'd love that." I️ smiled.
"And me and my brothers always get into a really intense snowball fight, it's pretty funny." He went on talking about his family and Christmas but I️ just sat and admired him. I️ missed how his hair slowly got messy as time went on throughout the day, I️ missed his smile, I️ missed his green eyes, I️ missed him.
"And my brothers didn't believe I️ had a girlfriend, couldn't believe it." I️ laughed along with his story.
"I️ had to show them a picture of us and many more until they believed me. They said that you were very pretty, I️ of course told them to F off my lady." I️ punched him in the arm. We both laughed and sat there in silence, a comfortable silence.
"I'm happy to be spending New Years with you." I looked up.
"Yea?" He asked.
"Yea." I smiled. Once again the air was filled with silence. 

"So-." I looked over to Jim to see him fast asleep on the couch. I laughed to myself. I got up, grabbed a blanket and put it around him. I slowly laid him down so he wouldnt be in such an uncomfortable position. I leaned down to kiss him on the head.

"Happy New Year Halpert."

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short, I just got back from vacationing with my family in Colorado. I tried to update there but I had absolutley no time. I did read a lot of the comments when I did have a bit of free time though! I'm beyond happy that so many people are voting, reading and commenting on this story. I see so many comments begging for another part or saying how much they loved the chapter and it just makes my day, but as always if you have any requests, id love to hear 'em!