Chapter 3

Nemu: I still don't know your last name.

Akon raised an eyebrow before turning to look at her. He didn't think she'd still be on that after all these years. He opened his mouth to respond to that, but was cut off by her own words.

Nemu: It's alright. Akon is fine.

It took a while for him to get over what she said. He couldn't help but smile after hearing her words. That was what he told her back when she was small. Hearing her say it, he realised he sounded quite petty back then. He took comfort in the fact she remembered that, though Nemu wasn't a forgetful person. He felt his hold on he tighten slightly. This wouldn't last, he knew that much. He shuddered to think about how their captain would react if he found out about this. His expression then dropped as a thought came to mind.

Akon: There's still surveillance for every inch of the Seiretei, right?

Nemu looks up at him, not expecting that question in this particular situation.

Nemu: Why yes.

Akon: So I'm guessing there's a camera for this room we're in?

Nemu: There is. I usually don't roam outside the areas our surveillance covers unless I am with Master Mayuri, or sent to roam outside on his orders.

Akon slowly facepalmed himself.

Akon: So, someone's been watching what we've been doing this whole time?

Nemu remained indifferent as if unsure as to why that should be a problem.

Nemu: Well, I'm the only one who watches the footage from the surveillance room.

Akon sighed with relief.

Nemu: Besides our Master Mayuri of course, whenever he chooses too.

Akon's head dropped back to the floor as if lifeless.

Akon: It's official. From this point on, I'm a dead man.

Nemu was unsure what he meant by that. She rested her head on his chest.

Nemu: That's strange. Your heart rate appears to be very much alive.

Akon slowly found himself laughing at her words, though she had no idea why.

End of Flashback...

He never imagined that would be the last he saw of her.