The Pledge

"Rose get up!" The curly haired girl turned in her bed.

"Serpy is taking messages Jason." She says in her pillow to her brother.

The boy frowned. "If you want to miss the serpent pledge fine." He said about to walk away.

But Rose sat up up, her hair all over the place. "Wait what?"

"Yeah, that's today Rose." He said and the two started getting ready.

"Let's go I want my babies bright eyed and curly haired!" That was their mother. One of their mothers that is.

Jason was fluffing his hair. Rose looked at him. "You done yet porcupine?" She asked him.

"My hair takes a little extra time, Ms. Frizz"

"You are the definition of conceited" she fired back only to be shut down by her Mom.

"Can you guys get along until we atleast get to the wyrm?" She asked.

"Yes mom. Sorry." The twins said at the same time as the redhead kissed both their heads.

As the twins were done, they followed their mother down the stairs to see their other mother waiting for them. "Oh my babies." She hugged them both.

"Mooom!" Rose groaned.

"What? You guys are going to be serpents it's a big moment I can over do it a little bit"

"Oooh baby perfect photo opportunity" Cheryl said to Toni who quickly looked around the living room for her camera.

The camera was on a small table, which she quickly snatched.

She turned the lense to face the four of them "Say Serpents!" "Serpents!" The camera clicked and Toni excitedly turned the camera over to inspect the image, it was perfect.

"My hair better look good." Jason said. Rose gave a sideways glance. "Oh yes, we wouldn't want that grease and gel to be sitting up there for nothing." She said sarcastically.

"Okay let's get out of here before the bickering gets worse, Cher" Toni said.

"Alright family to the car." Cheryl said opening the front door to exit the house.

*
They arrived at the wyrm. Toni looked out the passenger window. "Looks like Jug and Betty arrived before we did." She said.

"I doubt they had any real trouble, Joey and Elle run on the same wavelength while Rose and Jason-" she didn't even get to finish because both teens are up and out of the car within seconds. "I was gonna say polar opposites but I stand corrected" Toni laughs and opens the car door to get out

"Nope they're definitely polar opposites but also best friends, isn't that what having siblings is like?" Cheryl stepped out of the car as well and she went quiet for a moment before allowing a little smile to grace her lips.

"Yeah I suppose it is"

As they exited the car, the four cousins immediately got to together to talk of their excitement about their roles as serpents.

"I feel like they're growing up a bit too fast for my liking." Betty joked with Cheryl.

"It seems like just yesterday we were taking them on play dates" Cheryl replied, watching the twins talk animatedly with their cousins.

"That actually was yesterday, By the way Jason left his coloring book in the kitchen" Jughead teases and Toni smacks his arm

"It's his sketchbook you jerk"

"Woah woah cool it Tiny." Jughead said. Betty smiled and laughed. "How about we head over to Pops to celebrate when all this is over?" She suggested.

"You're buying" Toni winks and grabs Cheryl's hand to lead her towards the bar so they could get the trials started.

Sweet Pea looked at them. "Alright future serpents let us begin." He said. Jason and Joey looked at each other. "Release the beasts!"

And suddenly, four puppies raced out to meet them. Rose bent down to pet one that was licking her hand.

"Meet Pepper, Porkchop, T-Bone, and Nugget." Sweet Pea said as Elle snickered.

"Nugget." She said trying to hold back a fit of laughter.

"I call Pepper." Rose said lifting up the puppy that was now licking her face.

Jason was looking at Porkchop who was trying to chase his tail. While Elle was petting Nugget, and Joey as watching T-Bone roll over.

"Alright future serpents, first order is to look after the beasts. Good luck."