Part 4: After school fun...and then some?

Kale POV

We were driving along the road and passed by a Jamba Juice... I was a little peckish so I asked, "You wanna get a smoothie and food?"

"Sure!"

We went to the counter and both ordered at the same time, "BQQ Chicken wrap, and a pomagranate strawberry smoothie." The cashiers looked at us, they were both dudes and started to just stare at Kira.

"I'll get it." I said and pulled out my wallet.

She scoffed and handed him a five "This isn't a date, I can handle myself...$4.35 isn't gonna put me in the poor house Kale." She rolled her eyes at me. The cashier winked and put a small carton of chocolate-covered strawberries in her bag. "Free of charge." He said winking again.

"Thanks!" She beamed and rolled out of their backwards waving flirtatiously at them.

I snorted, "What?" She asked, "I might go again, and I don't mind freebies."

"Yeah, well I bet he'll want something next time..." I said unwrapping my sandwich as we walked toward the car.

"Hey lets go eat at that park." I looked and saw the kiddy park she meant, with the swings and benches and a little play structure.

"Sure." We crossed the street and she sat on one of the swings and I sat next to her. We ate silently and comfortably for a bit, then curiosity overcame. "So, why are you here?"

"Because I got a ride, then got food, and felt like eatting at this park...You should know you were there!"

"I mean, your wicked famous, so why are you in Florida? Weren't you on tour?"

"Oh, well the tour's done and were taking a break for a month or two, during which I said I was going to school. The band agreed to take our break here cause most of us are from here or Georgia, I'm not but I live alone so it's all cool then."

"Okay, where are your parents?"

"I don't know, they kicked me out for being famous, my dad's like suuuper strict and stubborn. He wanted me to marry a doctor or sumthin' not be the famous one. He's japanese so he's a little sexist on me...Not my mum though...shes REALLY out going and is and artist, and dad treats her like a goddess! I got all her looks and personality cept the hair.... and the stubborness." She chuckled

"Do you miss them?" I whispered still a little shocked she said all that so easily.

"Yep..I sent them a message, but I heard they may have moved... I text my mum though... not often though...I don't like to dwell on the past much. Just look ahead ay?"

"So if you were in Japan? Why do you have an accent?"

"Well, I take after mum, so I kinda only talked to her cause dad didn't talk to me much even before I was famous..."

"So...how long are you going to br here?" If it was only for a month or two, I should not get too close...

"Well I get back to work in a month or two, but I'm staying here for at least the rest of the school year...only to leave during school vacations and every once in a while skipp school for concert practice..." She smiled...

"So...awhile?"

"Yea. A good while." She said smiling

I just started to eat some more while staring at her... She looked really cool... looking ahead, not doubting herself... and her smile made her glow.

"So my turn! What did you do to afford that car?!"

"I help my dad, he's a recording artist. So, when I help he pays me...Though that car was a present."