7:38 pm

we went through pain
we got jealous too, so funny
we loved like crazy
that's good enough for us

love scenario - ikon

if you asked jeongguk, he would never admit that he was running from someone instead of to something.

but the truth is, he was.

yeah, he had wanted to go to this school for forever.

but his ex was the one who had wanted him to go, who had pushed him to get the scholarship, who had encouraged him to go even if it meant leaving him behind.

and when they broke up, jeongguk was so scared of seeing him again that he worked even harder, with even more vigor for that scholarship. luckily for him, jeongguk was accepted.

but even though cooking was his passion, it didn't change the fact that he was running. a coward.

jeongguk woke up to soft music playing. he glanced over at taehyung, the source of the music. "hyung, you woke me up." jeongguk complained.

"aw, hyung? i'm honored." taehyung teased.

jeongguk rolled his eyes. "shut up."

taehyung complied, but only for a few minutes. "hey, i think we should get to know each other better. you already know i'm taehyung and you're jeongguk. i know you're nineteen, and i'm twenty two. hmm, how about where we're flying too? i'm going to london to study arts, what about you, gguk?"

jeongguk, for whatever reason, smiled at the nickname."paris, for culinary arts." jeongguk replied. "where were you born? i was born in busan." jeongguk asked.

"daegu, the seo district." taehyung answered.

they continued like this for a while, asking random questions. eventually, calling taehyung 'hyung' became a habit to jeongguk, and calling jeongguk 'gguk' became a habit for taehyung.

"have you had any past relationships?" taehyung finally asked.

jeongguk paled slightly. he opened his mouth and forced the words out. "i..yeah, i dated a girl in like elementary school and.." he coughed slightly. "i, ah, dated a boy for a while, like sixth grade to through three quarters of senior year." jeongguk chuckled awkwardly.

taehyung was strangely happy when jeongguk said he had dated a guy and was single. yet, he wondered. they had been together for so long, why had they broken up? but he understood that jeongguk wouldn't be quite so comfortable talking about it, so he moved on.

"i've only really had flings. i dated a girl in like kindergarten before i knew i was gay though." taehyung laughed, trying to ease the tension. it worked, somewhat, as gguk laughed along with him.

something also changed, a certain feeling between them. they felt more comfortable with each other, like they had been friends with each other for a while and not just strangers who had met in an airport.

they continued to talk about love and life and death until the lounge grew quiet and the sky grew dark. at that point, the lights dimmed.

and the first crack of thunder sounded throughout the room.