The Prep Team

I was lying on a metal table with nothing but a bathrobe on, three Capitol women were inspecting my body. I gripped the edges of the cold steel and waited, they would mutter, "She bites her nails, tut tut tut, etc..."

After an hour or so of getting my body hair ripped off, my body waxed, my nails painted, and my face covered in makeup I was allowed to get off of the table and was walked into a room where a man with skin the color of coffee,  black mascara on his eyelashes and gold specks that he must had gotten put in his eyes, they were surprisingly attractive considering the things people do to their body in the Capitol.

"Hello, Primrose," The man said, "My name is Cinna."

"H..h...hello, Cinna."

"The prep team did a good job with you. I can see Octavia's original French tips." 

"Thanks?"

Cinna laughed.

"The parade is today, the tribute parade. Your District is always put in coal mining suits, but Portia, Gale's stylist, and I are going to think about the coal itself! Put this on."

Cinna handed me a black leotard, and I put it on. It was surprisingly heavy.

"We are going to put your outfit on fire."

I nodded, my mouth went dry, I had heard a story about a stylist trying to sabotage his own tribute. Was Cinna trying to kill me? Did he know that, since my dad had died in a coal mining accident, fire was my worst fear?

-----------------------------------------

A few hours later I was being hoisted into a horse-drawn carriage by Cinna. Gale was next to me, in the same matte black outfit.

"I am going to turn you guys on," Cinna said. Gale and I looked at each other.

"I will rip your's off if you rip mine off" Gale muttered.

CInna pressed the button on our sleeves.

A warm feeling trickled up my spine and around my body, I was on fire. Or was I? I did not expect to burn to death being this painless, maybe if I died in the arena, it would have been painless.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please vote and comment!

Cinna vs. Prep Team

Who do you like better?

(TEAM CINNA!)