5- Attacked

I can't exactly tell you where we live.. because I don't know.

But even if I did tell you, you wouldn't be able to find it. There is so much more than scary sharks that guard The Bay. That is what we call our part of the ocean.

We have numerous force fields around The Bay that a human can come through only if invited in by a Siren or if they have the Siren's Grace.

That is a long story that we'll come back to.

So, Sirens have dominance over most of the ocean.

Most creatures fear us because we can be terrifying predators ourself. What we lack in size, we make up for in strength and speed and.. our Call could drive whole ships to insanity.

But here's the catch. Most of your power comes after you turn 19. Me and Aleena still had a good year ahead of us before we came of age.

The Coven had a solid peace treaty with all the Shark clans. But, the Bull sharks were- for lack of a better word- bullheaded.

They were short tempered, arrogant, had zero tolerance towards provocation and were above all, vicious beings.

They hated it that they were no match against The Coven's powers.

A huge Seabed of Turtle grass separated The Bay and The Brackland, that I don't remember swimming over when we came to the wreck.

"You swam around the Trutle grass you dumb Bass!" I slapped a hand to my forehead.

"Daria what- oh lord I didn't realise- we're gonna die, aren't we?" Aleena looked so frightened I couldn't be mad at her.

"Lets just quietly get out of here for now.." This was me being hopeful, 'cause I'm sure they already knew we were here.

And sure enough, as though they had been listening in, the next instant I saw dark shapes swimming in circles above us.

There were atleast 3 of them.

"Should we call for help?" Aleena whispered backing into a corner and took out her conch from her whale skin pouch. She always wore it around her waist.

"No!" I shushed her. "We already got into so much trouble last week for feeding those Tritons fake elixir corals and turning all their tails red. I'd rather become fish food than face Sereia's wrath."

I took a deep breath to calm myself and tried to bring out the Siren in me.

Aleena followed suit.

I felt the world around me darken, my mind cleared and my vision turned red. My muscles tensed as I felt my fangs come out and my nails become long, black and claw like.

The confined space of the ship would only allow those bullheaded morons to enter from the front, the window on the left was big enough for us to exit from, they wouldn't have enough room to turn around. We would have atleast two of them trapped.

Bull sharks were impatient, they would always make the first move.

And so they did. But it wasn't what we expected.

The three of them suddenly slammed against the right side of the ship. It fell on its side with a THUD.

Our exit was blocked.

I swirled around and grabbed Aleena's hand to get out before they get in.

"ARGH! Daria!" She cried out. Her fin was stuck beneath the ship.

She tugged at it but screamed in pain when I heard a sharp ripping sound.

I let go of her hand and went to the other side of the ship, which was above us, now.

"On three" I mouthed at her. She nodded.

"One-two-thrreee-UGH" I slammed my shoulder into the metal wall with as much force as I could summon. The ship tilted just enough to get Aleena's tail out.

We need to get out of here. Quick.

"FISH.." A low voice rumbled.

I turned around and a bloody mouth filled with a 50 rows of razor sharp teeth was inches from my face.

I jerked away and hissed. Its jaw snapped shut where my head was a second ago.

I had backed myself into a corner. So I dived under it.

I slashed at its belly. It groaned and swung around and snapped at my shoulder. It managed to scrape my arm but I was much faster.

I sunk my claws into its neck and managed to get on its back.

It swung its huge head from side to side but I had a strong grip.

My eyes frantically searched for Aleena.

"ALEENA!!"

She wasn't in the ship.

"Where didz they take her?" I hissed.

"Szzomewhere good I'm szzure" The bullhead panted.

He was bleeding a lot out his belly. And knew I could end his life in an instant, but he still had the audacity to aggravate me.

I dug my claws deeper into his neck.

He groaned. "I'll tell you where. If you letz me go."

"You will take me to them." I spat.

He paused as though exhausted, then suddenly swirled around and lunged at my tail trying to take a chunk out of it. I was prepared for that.

I swung my tail over him in the other direction and smacked him across the face with my fin.

"This is your last warning, Bullhead." I hissed.

He groaned in defeat and swam out with me on his back.

Aleena was a strong Siren. I knew she was still alive. If anything had happened to her, I would have felt it.