"I would have you arrested," he replied in a deep voice. "And in cuffs."

"Would you send me to prison?"

"Who said anything about getting the local authorities involved?"

Now it was my turn to blush. "Well, I suppose you can give me a ride. But I have to get to work. And I'd hate for you to waste your gas on such a short distance."

"It's no trouble at all. Where are we going?"

"The Midnight Restaurant & Bar. It's located on North Michigan Avenue on the south side of the Chicago River."

I saw his eyes. I saw the green darkening with them and they were so beautiful. It was hard not to look away. He stepped to the side, extending his hand toward the motorcycle before he swung his leg over it and patted the seat behind him with a smile so gut-wrenchingly breathtaking I felt like I was in a dream that was most certainly not my own. Yup, definitely a dream, I thought to myself as I made my way over and took the helmet that he gave me. I put it on only to realize he didn't have a spare.

The motorcycle roared to life after that, his voice coming through over the engine was loud and clear. "Hold on tight," he said as he shifted into first gear and slowly eased off of the clutch. The feeling was indescribable, if not exhilarating at the same time. For I felt free and vulnerable again, like all my worries about past relationships and such, just didn't exist anymore in my world. Then I firmly wrapped my arms around his chest as I looked out over his shoulder and was amazed by the simplicity of it all.

Or the freedom of riding on two wheels instead of four. The bike was agile and powerful, strong and steady. I felt at ease and loosened my grip just a little bit by the time we pulled up to the historic Obelisk hotel. A tall, four-sided narrow building ending with a pyramidion at the top. It was designed in the late 1970's by a French architect whose name I cannot pronounce came over to America to experience the unveiling of the boy king Tutankhamun. And he was so amazed by what he saw, the rest is history.

We came to a stop alongside the road as His Royal Highness cut the engine off and took back his helmet. I disembarked onto the crowded sidewalk while still clutching the plastic bag firmly in my hand. I thanked him for the ride to which he responded with a genuine smile that sent my heart ablaze. A set of headlights flashed on my right as I looked over and saw two black SUV's park a few spaces down. It didn't take a genius to know who they were for either. Even the prince took notice too as he glanced over his shoulder at them.

"Courtesy of my parents," he said, annoyed. "They follow me everywhere I go."

"That's to be expected. You are the prince of England, after all."

"True. But I can take care of myself. The bodyguards are just for show, nothing more."

And for some strange reason, I believed him about that. I thanked him one last time and ran up to the steps to the hotel as I went around the back and entered through the service entrance. I cut through the kitchen and ran across the main dining room floor as I made a beeline for the men's restroom and locked myself in the handicap stall. I hanged my bag on the hook and stuffed the plastic bag inside as I took out a white buttoned-down shirt, black slacks, and a black tie to complete my look like a respectable waiter.

Once dressed, I returned to the kitchen and grabbed an apron off the wall as I walked into the manager's office. Sharon was there, the owner, and my most trusted friend. I'd know her since I moved to Chicago four years ago, back when I was broke and didn't know a soul. She took me in, gave me a job and treated me like the little brother she never had. I was going to her miss come Monday. But I figured it was best to get it over with now before the start of my shift then do it at the end.