4 ⚜️ The Party

Start from the beginning

"Stop worrying, we're here." Jake smiles at her.

She got out of the car and was immediately greeted by an enthusiastic Claudio. "We don't have much time to talk as the others will be around to talk costumes and game plans for our new gig," he told Lilly.

She followed him inside to go over what information she knew about her upbringing and family while he jotted down everything and Jake watched quietly.

After their discussion, Claudio admitted not having much information to go off of but said that he would try his best to get it sorted for the both of them. Her biological father was probably their best lead.

Lilly was nervous but also excited. Her mother had never said much about her father and she never pushed for more information because she knew her mother was uncomfortable talking about him.

The rest of the crew had already begun to arrive and the Ginger and Victoria were in full planning mode. They threw outfits and costumes at Lilly and approved or exed them all and once that was over, they flew into a full on frenzy about a party they were being paid to attend that same night.

Lilly looked over at Jake who was all the way across the room. He looked into her eyes and willed her to hear his thoughts.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on and I cannot wait to escort you to this event."

Lilly blushes madly and sent him a thought back, "You're not so bad yourself and I can't wait to see you in another suit!"

Jake chuckled at this. He knew their connection was growing stronger by the minute now, and soon they would be a very powerful couple. He had never sought out power but knew he had the potential. If it ever developed, there was so much he wanted to accomplish to help the small community of witches and warlocks that wanted to make the world a better place.

At that moment, Claudio stood up and announced to the group that the party they were appearing at was a formal one. He said they should dress to impress. No performance or demonstrations would take place but they were to be announced to the party by their host to advertise for their upcoming shows in the area leading up to Christmas.

This was exciting for Lilly. She was enjoying North Carolina and her new friends. She was beginning to feel very at-home.

"Come with me, love, I have a surprise for you." Lilly looked behind her and saw Jake holding out his hand. She took it and followed him out of the room and down the hall. He opened a door for her and she walked into another room that was too dark for her to see inside.

Jake flipped the lights on and Lilly was surrounded by gowns. "Please pick any that you like. They're all for you."

Lilly couldn't believe her ears

Lilly couldn't believe her ears. "Me?" She asked Jake.

"Yes, you. One for tonight and more for other events that we will be attending out of costume. You'll be the Belle of the ball my dear."

Lilly spent several minutes picking out her favorite gowns and quickly tried them all on in the dressing room. She wouldn't model for Jake because she wanted them to be surprises. When she was finished, they drove back to their room so they could get ready for their big evening.

Once they were back at their room and Lilly was getting ready, another vision came to her. She was surprised, as it seemed so realistic.

They were walking into a party wearing exactly what they were supposed to wear that very evening. Jake was escorting Lilly down the grand staircase when she noticed a man who she had never met before but seemed extremely familiar, watching them closely. He was studying them. He took out a phone and seemed to send a quick text to someone while all the while never taking his eyes off the beautiful couple. Lilly sensed Jake tense and wrap a very protective arm around her. Lilly kept very aware of her surroundings but the vision faded before she could see anything else.

She immediately when to find Jake and tell him what she saw. When she walked into his room he almost took her breath away. How can someone keep getting more and more attractive?

"Funny. I could ask the same about you." Jake startled her a little.

"I had another vision," said Lilly. "I think it's about my father and it seemed to be from the party we attend tonight."

"If you remember what he looks like from your vision, Claudio can use his powers of projection to show us so we can recognize him immediately in case he may be a threat. I'll call him."

Just a few short minutes later, Jake and Lilly we're finished getting ready and. Claudio was in their living room. Jake sat beside Lilly and Claudio sat in front of her, telling her to remember her vision and the man that may be her father. As the image came to her, Claudio put his hands on her shoulders and was able to project the image onto the far wall for them all to see.

 As the image came to her, Claudio put his hands on her shoulders and was able to project the image onto the far wall for them all to see

"Lilly, how do you know that's your father?" Jake asked.

"I just have this strong gut feeling and there is something very familiar about him," she replied.

No one said much of anything else as they walked out to their vehicles to head to the party. Jake and Claudio agreed to keep a sharp eye on the mysterious man during the event as well as afterwards.

 Jake and Claudio agreed to keep a sharp eye on the mysterious man during the event as well as afterwards

Lilly has chosen a very tight, gold dress with a train. Jake couldn't keep his eyes off her the entire drive. She looked absolutely perfect. He was starting to notice that his feelings were growing even more towards love and there was even more strong physical attraction as well. Lilly felt them, too, and knew tonight would be difficult.

They made their grand entrance and all eyes were on them. Mouths were hanging open, heart beats quickened, and the mystery man was exactly where Lilly remembered in the vision. Claudio was there to watch and listen in.

The night flew by quicker than they thought it would. The party was easy, the mingling was fun, and Lilly quite enjoyed hearing the jealous thoughts of some of the other girls. She kept a smile on her face the entire time.