4 ⚜️ The Party

The next morning Lilly woke up and got ready for their day full of meetings, scheduling, and trying on costumes. Before she left the suite with Jake she realized she had not asked him which of the crew was his mentor.

"Claudio." He said as he looked at her. She smirked at him. "I'm going to have to control my thoughts around you." She replied as he laughed at her. "Don't worry, I won't make a habit out of it. I just really wanted to know what you were thinking after last night." Lilly rolled her eyes but also couldn't help but smile.

Jake had stayed with her all night and she was able to sleep peacefully with no signs of visions or premonitions. Lilly was beyond grateful for him and was beginning to understand the whole mate thing better and better. She had spent 24 hours with him and she felt like she had known him for years. They both felt the growing spark between them.

"Claudio is coming to pick us up today. He's going to eat breakfast with us and get to know you a little more. If he knows your story he may know who your biological parents are or at least how to track them down and that could help us tremendously in teaching you how to use your powers."

"But my biological mother is dead." Lilly looked at him questioningly. "Unless she wasn't really my mother?"

"There's a chance she wasn't unless she was just really good at hiding her magic from you," Jake explained to her. He could tell she was nervous just by looking at her. He pulled her into his arms and gave her a warm, comforting hug. "It will go better than you think."

Lilly smiled up at Jake and thanked him for the reassurance. She finished getting ready and walked arm-in-arm with Jake out of the hotel and to his Range Rover that she was thinking of nicknaming The Beast.

The car started and pulled out onto the road. Lilly was wishing she had remembered her sunglasses when all of a sudden Jake handed her a little box.

 Lilly was wishing she had remembered her sunglasses when all of a sudden Jake handed her a little box

Inside was the cutest pair of sunglasses she had ever seen. "Thank you so much!"

"You are very welcome, my dear. I noticed you didn't have any on the ride here." Jake smiled over at her.

Lilly began thinking about how crazy intuitive he was and how it was so insane that they had been together for just a couple short days and it seemed like years. They had bonded and he was making her so happy. There has to be a catch to this. This was all too good to be true.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked Jake. "You just did," he laughed back at her. "Well then, something else." She glanced at him and he nodded.

"Is there not a catch to any of this?" She looked at Jake with a little bit of worry in her eyes.

"The only catch is that, if something were to ever happen to one of us, the other could possibly die of a broken heart."

This was strange, new information but it made sense. A mate, bonded pair, without the other is nothing, really. Not after building friendship, love, relationships with the other person. Not wanting to be separated from one another meant they would become close very fast. Lilly couldn't even imagine what it would be a week or a month from now....