Chapter 13

(Play music from the beginning of the chapter)

Caitlin's P.O.V.

I woke up with Barry's arm still wrapped around my waist and my arm around his torso. I looked over to my right and Cisco was still asleep beside me. Birdie was asleep as well, still snuggled up beside Barry.

"Good morning." Barry smiled.
"Morning." I smiled back.
"I'm guessing I won't be able to stand up until she wakes up?"
"You guessed correctly." I nodded. "I'm gonna go make breakfast." I said patting his chest.
"Alright." He nodded.

He moved his arm and let me go. I made some pancakes with red and green sprinkles, eggs and a few pieces of bacon.

"I'll make the coffee." Barry said coming into the kitchen. "I got her off of me without her knowing." He shrugged.

I nodded. "Ah. Okay."

He made coffee for me, him and Cisco.

"Do you have chocolate? Birdie can't drink coffee and it's too cold to go out."
"Yeah. Check the cabinet."
"Okay." He nodded. "Here it is." He smiled.

I heard a door slam so I figured it was probably Cisco or Birdie who had woken up. Cisco came into the kitchen and sat down on the counter.

"Good morning my fellow humans." He smiled.
"Good morning." I smiled.
"Morning." Barry smiled. "Here. I made you coffee."
"Oh yes. Thank you!" He said taking the cup. "It's so cold today."
"I heard it's twenty degrees." I said drinking coffee as well.
"Yeah well, I have to get going. Iris probably wants me back by now."
"Shouldn't you at least have breakfast with Birdie?" I asked.

He nodded. "I really can't balance this whole thing." He said sighing.
"Dude. We can take care of her. Just spend a little time with her. That's all we ask." Cisco said patting his back.
"I just feel like I never have time for her. I'm always with Nora and Iris and she's always here with Cait or with you. Even Ralph takes her out sometimes. I haven't once taken her somewhere where it's just the two of us except that one time we went to my apartment and it was just a few hours." He said getting upset.
"Look. Why don't you spend New Years Eve with her. We can have a party and everyone can come. That way you can be with her and your other side of the family." I shrugged.
"Yeah. I guess." He nodded.
"Tell you what. Take her out tomorrow. Spend today with Iris and Nora and you come pick her up. She won't mind. Plus, Caitlin takes great care of her and they have fun together." Cisco suggested.
"Are you sure?" Barry asked looking at me.
"Yeah. I don't mind."
"I don't either." Birdie said walking into the kitchen.
"How long have you been listening?"
"Since Cisco slammed the bathroom door and woke me up." She said glaring at him.
"Sorry. It wasn't my intention." He smiled sweetly.
"Anyways. I don't mind staying with Caitlin. We'll find something to do."

Barry nodded and smiled. "Here. I made you some hot chocolate."
"Ooh. Thanks." She smiled taking the cup.
"Shall we have some breakfast?"
"Yes!" Cisco said sitting in the dining room.

Birdie sat beside him and played on Cisco's phone. Barry stayed in the kitchen so I went to check on him and found him shedding a few tears.

"Barr. Don't do this to yourself." I said standing beside him. "No one said this would be easy. We don't expect you to be the perfect dad. Neither do your daughters. Just take it easy."

"I just don't know how much longer I can keep doing this Caitlin. I can't take her home with me because I know Iris will feel uncomfortable and she will too and I barely see her. When I do, it's just a few hours. Plus, I haven't sat down with her to talk about anything. What kind of dad doesn't know what his daughter likes to eat, what movies she likes to watch, what she does for fun, how healthy she is, what she needs, nothing? I don't even know who her mom is or why she never talks about her."