Chapter 2 |14 years old|

*A/N* These will be longer once when the actual story starts :)

******************Cas POV********************

I walk home from school, sulking. Today has been the worst day since I broke my arm swinging from Deans' tree ten yards off the ground. Except this wasn't physical pain. Dean had been home sick for the first time all year.

I walk up into my house, ignoring my brothers and sisters remarks. I pull on our old cup telephone. He designed a mechanism that makes a bell ring when we pull it. Sometimes when we pulled it to hard, the string would break. I smiled when I remembered the time Dean fell off the ladder to fix the string.

"Hey man, what's up?" he asks, voice rough. I look out the window, seeing Deans' hair sticking up in all different ways and dark circles under his green eyes. He waves, "Cas?" I don't answer.

"Cas, I'm coming over. Be there in five."

I shake my head, "No, I just don't want to talk about it."

"Come on over, man. You look disgusting." he puts the phone down, giving me no time to reject.

I change into pyjama pants and Deans' old AC/DC shirt. It's Friday and I'm only going through the backyard. I jump my fence and run to Deans' window. His father hates me coming to the door, so we set my ladder up to Deans' window on the second floor. He slides the window open slightly, making sure it doesn't squeak. I should be used to slipping through the one foot wide opening. Let's just say I'm not.

"What's up." He says, flopping back down onto his bed, scooching over so I had room. I lay next to him, grabbing the remote from the nightstand.

I flip through the channels, finding the history network. Dean groans and changes it to the food network. Dean licks his lips, seeing the pie on the screen. I groan, turning the television off.

"Thanks, Chuckles." Dean says sarcastically.

"Yeah." I sigh.

"What's wrong with you?" he asks me, sitting up. I shake my head, rolling over to face away from him. "Cas, tell me."

"I don't wanna." I whine. Dean sighs and gets up. He walks out of the room, thumping downstairs. Minutes later he comes back with pie for him and a re-heated hamburger for me. I lick my lips and reach out to take it, sitting up.

He hold it slightly out of my reach, "Only if you tell me why you look like crap."

"Dean!" I whisper shout, making sure his father doesn't hear me, "just give me the burger!"

"No. Not until you tell me."

I sit there, puppy eyes activated, pouring into his green ones.

"No Cas," he says, voice not with much comand. I keep them on him for a little longer. He groans loudly and shoves the paper plate into my lap.

I smile and dig in. "Thank you, Dean. You know these make me very happy." I say with my mouth full.

"Whatever." he mumbles.

We ate in silence, no television, no Sammy. It isn't an uncomfortable silence since this is normal.

Dean looks over to me worriedly. I finsished my food, throwing the plate in the trash.

"I missed you today." Dean says quietly. I nod, "Me too." I say, voice low. By now I'm almost on the verge of tears. I look at my hands in my lap.

He scoots closer, wrapping an arm around me. I look at him with tears pouring out of my face. He sighs and pulls me closer as I sob.

He pats my back saying something over and over again. "This is such a chick-flick." After a few minutes of Dean repeating how girly this is I pull away. "Tell me, Cas."

I sniff, rubbing my eyes. "M-M-Meg b-broke u-u-up w-with me.

"Awe, man I'm sorry." Dean said, rubbing my shoulder. I lay back down on his bed, closing my eyes after the long day. Even though it is only 3 o'clock, I want to sleep.

Dean pats my head and throws his blanket over both of us. "Lets be miserable bitches together. Where is your phone?" he asks. I pull it out of my pocket, handing it too him.

"Think she still has your number?" I shake my head no. "Do you still have hers?" he asks. I nod, embarrassed.

He looks through my phone for Megs' number. He finds it with ease, as it is the most recent contact. "Text, really dude?"

I nod and wail in pain. Dean puts and arm around me, trying - and failing - to cheer me up. "We're going to call her!" he says excitedly.

He calls her, making sure he disguised his voice. He clears his throat,"Hello?" she says in her southern accent.

"Yes, this is Martha, Castiels' girlfriend. I just want you to know he hates you, and if you ever thinking about hurting my baby again, bitch I will hurt you." He says in a high-pitched girly voice.

"Is this Dean? Did Clarence tell you to call?"

"Bitch this ain't Dean! It's Martha!" He says again, hanging up.

I laugh slightly, making Dean smile. He pulls away, turning the television on. They are making cake now. He flinches, and turns it to the history channel, and keeps it there.

I lay down, wanting to sleep. He sorta made me feel better. A lot better, actually.

This is the second to last 'flashback' sorta thing to express their 'relationship'. Then the real fun begins. *wiggles eyebrows suggestively*

-Olivia