Finding Friends

Through the wind and the rain

He stands hard as a stone

In a world that he can rise above

But his dreams give him wings

And he flies to a place where he's loved

Concrete Angel

Deadlox's Pov. -at age 10-

I sat on the swings at the nearest park. I always use any excuse to get away from my dad.

"Hi, what's your name?" a kid about two years older than me with sunglasses and a dark brown ponytail asked.

"I'm Deadlox..." I replied quietly. I'm not used to talking to others.

"Well it's nice to meet you. I'm Sky." He smiled and reached out his hand. I flinched back, then I lightly grabbed his hand and shook it. He sat on the swings next to me.

"Wanna hang out some time?" he asked looking over at me. I nodded. "Cool, where do you live? Maybe we can walk home together."

"I live at 103 Mc."

"Really? I live next to you. C'mon, let's go." He smiled and got off the swing. I started to walk next to him. We talked for a long time sitting on the sidewalk until my dad came out.

"GET YOU ASS IN HERE!" he screamed and walked down the sidewalk, grabbing me by my hair.

He dragged me in the house, throwing me in my small room with only a bed and a window. I heard him lock the door. So I sat on my bed and stared our the window. I saw Sky out the window and we both opened our windows and talked until my dad yelled at me to go to sleep.

"See you at school," he smiled.

"Ya, we can walk together."

I went to sleep and we were friends ever since.