Chapter 20 - The Shit Show

[Author's Note: If someone you know overdoses - Don't do this shit]

"Detective?" Hank prompted softly, shooing the cat away with a swift brush of his hand before gripping the man's shoulder and gently rolling him over to reveal his face, Connor unsettlingly limp and compliant in the android's hold and worryingly unresponsive to the jostling movement. Curling locks of wayward hair fell over the man's soft features and Hank didn't bother to pause and consider his own actions before brushing them aside to reveal barely open eyes and gently parted lips, the detective's coffee orbs distant and unseeing as they failed to focus on Hank even as the android leaned over the man to assess the situation.

Dilated pupils. 

Slight tremor. 

Unresponsive behavior. 

Prescription drug use suspected. 

...Likelihood of overdose: 100%

"Detective, can you hear me?" Hank asked slowly, enunciating every word clearly as he placed a hand against the man's soft cheek, attempting to guide the detective's gaze toward himself with little luck. " Connor. " The android tried, hot flashes of something coursing through his wires and straining his voice as the machine's LED flickered burning red, bypassing yellow all together in his... Fear? That- No. That couldn't be right.

Detective Anderson twitched slightly at the prompt, eyelashes fluttering in a poor attempt at rousing awareness that only succeeded in leaving his coffee orbs shut in the end, but at least it was something. "Hhha-" Connor managed weakly, the faint noise that was only just vaguely recognizable as the android's name nothing more than a broken breath of air that croaked out halfway through as the man's body gave a sharp jerk under the machine's fingertips that promised nothing good.

Hank scanned through information as quick as he could download it: Causes, effects, solutions, treatments, anything he could get his hands on to aid him as he stared helplessly down at his human partner, unsure of what to do and certain his likelihood of success was only decreasing the longer he waited. Calling the authorities would be the most logical thing to do but, by Hank's rapid calculations, they wouldn't arrive in time and the android wholeheartedly refused to simply sit there and watch Connor die.

Hank had to do something... It was risky, and most certainly not the highest recommended method, but the android had to do something. The machine moved the hand he had kept pressed against Connor's cheek, running it over softly sculpted cheekbones to lower down until his thumb hit the man's jaw bone, moving his fingers on the same hand to the other side of the detective's face until they pressed into the same structure. The android was able to open Connor's mouth with little resistance, applying just a slight touch of pressure to the area's he'd grasped so that the man's lips fell open and his jaws stretched wide enough to allow the machine to do what he needed.

This was going to fucking suck.

Hank slipped two digits from his opposite hand past the entrance of Connor's soft lips, his sensory receptors overflowing with data the android had no use for at the moment, far more concerned with making sure the detective didn't die than how warm or wet his mouth was at the moment. The android coaxed his way carefully back along the man's tongue, moving with slow paced caution to avoid prodding anything and damaging Detective Anderson more than he already was as his finger finally met the back of Connor's throat. The machine brushed his digits carefully against the underside of the detective's throat, curling them to gently touch the sensitive flesh there before hastily retracting them as quick as he could without risking harm to the man as Connor's body gave a responsive lurch.