Chapter 1

"Hey, um Bryony? um would you maybe like to go see that new movie with me on Friday?" Squeaked some guy from her history class.

"Busy" she replied shortly. She closed her locker and walked off to her next class with her sunglasses on top of her head.

"Wait, what about Saturday?" he asked but she had already walked away.

This was just normal in Bryony's life now. She was always invited to all the party's and constantly going on dates. Always busy.

She walked into class a little bit later than everyone else as always (to make an entrance). She went to her usual spot in the back row surrounded by the other popular people.

"Class, I have an announcement. There will be a new student joining us tomorrow. I hope you treat him warmly." said the home room teacher louder than necessary.

After class, Bryony was by her locker surrounded by the other populars.

"Ugh! I hate newbies! They're always asking for directions and needing help." Said Bryony and the response she got was mumbles of agreement as always. She turned around and opened her locker fixing her make up and hair again. The bell rang signalling the end of school.

*

Bryony unlocked her front door.

"Hello? anybody else home yet?!" she shouted but got no reply. She went into the kitchen to find the usual note in it's usual spot. 'Bryony, dad and I are working late. Love mum'

"Ugh. Every freaking night!" she grumbled as she shoved a frozen pizza in the oven.

Bryony went through her normal school night routine. Come home, eat pizza (or whatever frozen food she could find and heat up), do homework, then go out with friends. She was always home before her parents so she never bothered to leave a note anymore. The only time she really ever saw them was on a Sunday because they left before she got up and they went to bed when they came home.

Sometimes Bryony would wonder what her life would've been like if she never transferred but she was always glad she did.

*

"Hi Bry!" shouted Rachel as she saw Bryony get out of her car. Rachel was middle class popularity wise but Bryony only talked to the upper middle at the least if she was feeling nice.

She rolled her eyes as she walked past, not even stopping to acknowledge her.

Once she was at her locker Dylan, her boyfriend (though they weren't exactly exclusive), walked up to her.

"Hey babe"

"Hi" she replied.

"Did you hear that new kids coming today. I think he's supposed to be in your home room"

"Yeah, ugh new kids are such a hassle!"

"Weren't you a new kid last year?"

Bryony glared at him and walked away with a flick of her hair

"Whatever" she grumbled.

She stormed off to home room, too annoyed to try and be the last one in and plopped down in her seat. The new guy was a little late probably trying to find where he was supposed to be. Class had started and about five minutes in during the role call the door burst open. Bryony just kept inspecting her nails pretending not to care about the scene that was unfolding. Any attention that wasn't on her was attention she didn't like.

"Please, please tell me this is Mr. Rickardie's!" said the mystery new guy. Instantly Bryony recognised the voice.

"Tim" she whispered slowly lifting her head to meet the no longer mystery new guy. Her eyes wide with shock.

"Bryony?" Tim said with just as much shock in his voice as there was in her eyes. She rested her head in her arms on the desk.

'My life is ruined' she thought.