Those Nights

Dear Wattpad Journal,

My grandma is going to die.

Great way to start off the entry, eh? I bet you're all like, "this is gonna be a depressing entry". Well, you'd be RIGHT. 

My grandma had stomach cancer. I have no idea what it's called scientifically because I'm just that smart. It then moved up to her lungs, and eventually her brain. There's nothing the doctors can do to help her. She's just going to die and there's nothing anyone can do about it. 

I've only been to see her a few times (we haven't had the time to go up there, with my dad working weird hours and my mom doing whatever the hell she does). I just can't... feel anything right now. I dunno if it's because I've already cried myself out today (completely different story), or I'm just a freaking hollow shell. 

A necklace. It's silver, a circle with dangling chains on the bottom. I love it. I even wore it to school pictures, I loved it so much. I still have it, don't you know. I haven't worn it since, because my mom doesn't like it. But what does she know? She's not exactly the fashion police, if you know what I mean. 

A shirt. It's black and it feels AWESOME. It's sort of like a silk feeling, but not really. I think it has some polyester in it or something. I love the feel, and I love that you gave it to me. It's my favorite shirt in my closet, and I'd wear it every day if I could. 

A bracelet. Most of the bead/jewel things are gone, but I wear it anyways. It's probably my favorite besides my hair-tie-like bracelet with the metal part that says POSITIVITY. I don't know if it's made out of silver, but I love it. It has different charm-like things and two chains, along with the centerpiece so that they're all woven together. 

A stuffed animal. His name is Blackie, and he's a black bear. I sleep with him every night, and squish the stuffing outta him. He still smells like you if you sniff hard enough. Otherwise, he smells like stale perfume and old cigarettes. 

A Pillow Pet. Her name is Abby (like from my favorite show, NCIS). She's the zebra one, with the pink underside. Pink isn't my favorite color, but it's the color of my room. But I love Abby. She's kept my dreams guarded each night. 

**STAY UP LATE, AND WE'D TALK ALL NIGHT WITH THE DARK ROOM LIT BY THE TV LIGHT. THROUGH ALL THE HARD TIMES IN MY LIFE. THOSE NIGHTS KEPT ME ALIVE