Arrival

Birds chirped throughout the area, their beautiful sound creating a sort of Symphony. Vibrant blue Luminescent crystals hung from the ceiling of the cave, as well as from the wall, creating enough light for those within the village to live peacefully. Although the light produced from them is not quite as bright as the actual sun, but it was sufficient enough.

A small smile graces my lips as I stare down at my beautiful village from the balcony of my chambers. I had stumbled upon this cave some three hundred years ago when simply wandering. To say I was baffled by my discovery was an understatement.

The cave was large enough that it had its own ecosystem.

Tree's of many species decorated the cave in a sort of kaleidoscope of colours. The dark green of Northern pines, the light greens of Poplars and spruce trees. Here and there you could point out the distinct shape and size of a maple.

My favourite trees consisted of Pines and Cherry blossom trees. I was happy with simply having the pines. Cheery blossoms would be hard to grow will all of the larger trees sucking the nutrients out of the ground.

From where I stood, I could point out the main water supply, a huge lake that connected to an underground river.

Right in the middle of the dense forest of the cave is the village. Took me near fifty years to carve out all the rock, trees, roots, and crystals that sat in the center. Then it simply took me another three to start building all of the homes, shops, and land that would be needed for the village.

Just like how the Hakuryuu has a village that they look after, I have mine.

Although let us be real here.

Mine is better.

Chuckling lowly to myself, I watch the children down below weave in and out of market stands, disturbing the chickens while causing the adults to curse and dodge as the mischievous young children run past.

As the years continued to progress, the people of my village have learned to adapt to the dark. Having only the crystals to light up the way, they have become a rather valuable source that is gathered whenever a new building is built.

Adapting to the dark is not the only thing, they have grown used to mountain climbings, scavenging, escalating.

They were strong.

Far stronger physically than those of the tribes. Even an average woman could hold her own against someone like Hak.

After all, his everyday training is like that of a normal work day for those in the village.

The only advantage that Hak would have against those in the village, is that not everyone is capable of handling a weapon. Sighing, I lean back from the balcony and walk back into my personal chambers.

The only downside to all of this? I have to watch every child, every infant, grown up and have their own children, and then watch them die.

It's a never-ending cycle. Even Kaito will one day leave this world and I'll be forced to grieve all over again. This is the main reason as to why I decided to live alone in my castle. Besides of course the maids, cooks, and security.

Although, the security was truly unnecessary for one who could not die.

Shaking my head, I force any negative thoughts that threatened to overtake my mind, to vanish. There is no need to negativity right now. The dragonets should be arriving soon.

Smiling at the thought of the children coming, I brace myself on the railing of the balcony before throwing myself over.

A loud WHOOSH was heard as my body weight fell through the air. Laughter erupts from my body as air flew through my hair, and around my body, the feeling exhilarating.