32 - Unexpected Comfort

Thank you all so much for being so enthusiastic! All your comments make me so happy ^_^ Please enjoy!

"Bakugou," she breathed, overwhelmed by the onslaught of confusing emotions she seemed to be feeling just by looking at him, by seeing him here. With her.

Bakugou's glare softened as soon as her eyes met his, and her heart did a weird flip at the sight. What was wrong with her?

"What the fuck are you doing here, princess? Your castle too big for you?" he asked as he slowly approached her, sitting next to her on the log.

She started at his close proximity. The log wasn't particularly spacious, and so he was sitting close enough that she could feel his body heat, reminding her of the fact that she had come out without a coat. She suddenly felt chilly, fighting against the urge to get closer to him. Because of the cold, of course.

She stared at him for a moment, unsure of what to answer. After all, she didn't know why she came here, except that apparently subconsciously, she wanted to be here... she wanted to see him.

But she would literally rather die than tell Bakugou that.

"I'm..." her eyes shifted away, slightly shivering and she heard Bakugou take a sharp intake of breath.

"What's... wrong?" he asked awkwardly, the words flowing clumsily as he leaned in to look at her.

She forced out a laugh, resonantly staring at her shoes. "Careful now, short fuse, you keep acting like this and someone might think you actually care."

Bakugou scoffed, and she felt him shift next to her. She waited for a backlash comment, but to her surprise, it never came. Instead, something obstructed her vision, and when her eyes focused, she saw Bakugou's clenched fist, clutching a hoodie.

"What... what kind of a dumbass are you anyway?" he stuttered, irritated as she looked up at him with her large eyes in confusion, "what are you doing here this late at night? And without a fucking jumper or something?" he shoved the hoodie at her, "put this on."

She felt her mouth drop open as she realised what was happening.

He's... offering his hoodie. Because he saw I'm cold.

Her heart stuttered hard in her chest.

"Oh, uh, thank you but you don't need to–" she tried to say.

"Don't fucking argue and just take it, princess," he bit out, the tips of his ears red, staring at a point behind her instead of making eye contact.

Slowly, as though this was a dream that could end any second, (Y/N) reached out and grabbed his hoodie. It was soft to the touch, and warm from when he had been wearing it.

She put it on slowly and immediately became warmer, although she didn't know if it was because the hoodie was actually warming her up or because of the way her blood was rushing to her face.

"What... what are you doing here, anyways?" she asked quickly, trying to shift his attention away from her.

I was thinking about you, and here you are. Am I dreaming?

Bakugou shifted again, placing his clenched fists on top of his knees as he calmed down slightly. "I had some pent-up energy from today stored up, so I came here to work it out of my system."

"You actually have some form of outlet that doesn't involve taking it out on the innocent? I never would have guessed!" she replied with fake cheer, but again, he didn't take the bait.

Instead, he shifted his eyes away, and slowly, one of his hands came to scratch the back of his neck in a nervous manner. She frowned, confused by his demeanour.