chapter 25

Arthur woke up warm, which was a vast improvement on the last few centuries. Well, technically he couldn't feel anything but when he opened his eyes he felt a definite chill.

He heard Merlin clattering about in the kitchen, probably making breakfast, he resolved to stay in the warm blanket of fluffyness a bit longer before he raced downstairs so his feet wouldn't have to touch Merlin's unusually cold floors, earning a strange look from Katie who had just ventured out of the bathroom and was rubbing sleep from her eyes, shrugging and following the king of legends as he childishly ran to the person making food.

Merlin frankly had gotten past being surprised when hungry people ran into his kitchen and plonked bacon and eggs ungracefully onto two plates. Arthur dug in, he was starving and couldn't be bothered with manners. Merlin shook his head. He didn't know if it was Arthur's skill at being a knight or just luck, but Arthur was adapting to the twentieth century pretty well.

Life was actually quite normal, well as normal as it could be, it was a week after the 'Jimmy insident' as Arthur had dubbed it and all in all it was a pretty good life.

A slow knock echoed through the house so Merlin went to answer the door, reviling a sorry looking Jimmy and Mordred.