chapter 3

"Come on Arthur."

moaned Merlin wearily.

"It's not that bad."

Arthur peeked out of the bathroom door to the raven haired man trying his best to convince him 'it wasn't that bad'.

"I look like an idiot."

He stepped out wearing a pair of Merlin's jeans and a grey hoodie, his feet bare.

Merlin looked Arthur straight in the eye because he knew that if he looked anywhere else he would burst out laughing.

"It's just what people wear these days, and besides, we'll get you some new clothes tomorrow."

Arthur glared at Merlin, still not happy about being forced to wear such weird clothes. Merlin had stored his old clothes in his attic because apparently they were 'not suitable for the current time'.

Arthur sighed and followed his manservant down the stairs, which to his surprise where not made of stone mumbling something about them at least being clean this time.

Merlin shook his head and lead Arthur into the living room furnished with light brown walls, wooden flooring that seemed to run through the whole downstairs area with a cream furry rug that took up most of the floor with two white sofas placed neatly on top facing a tv.

Merlin gestured for Arthur to sit on one of the sofas before disappearing into the hallway again.

Arthur sat with his hands awkwardly in his lap, waiting not so patiently for his servant to return. He took this chance to look around the room some more. He notice a large fireplace on one wall with some photographs on the ornate marble mantle place.

He'd never seen anything like this before, they were like paintings but more...real. The first one was in a silver frame and featured Merlin and another man leaning on a rail that overlooked a beach, just like the one Anhora set his final task on. Merlin had his arms thrown out in a care free manner as though he was trying to catch the wind, a smile on his face but not one that could even rival the goofy grins he had given Arthur. He nodded approvingly. He's my servant, he should only smile at me like that.

The other man reminded him vaguely of someone, though he couldn't remember who.

Merlin returned with a plate of weird looking brown-filled sandwiches and a two glasses of water.