Chapter 36

Bradley raced down the street, heart pounding and feet hitting concrete that created an ache through his trainers. A small bag he had stolen from Mordred was clutched tightly in his sweaty hand, filled with all manner of discussing clippings of hair and nail. He resisted the urge to gip as the building containing his flat came into view and he slowed to a stop before fumbling with the keys and the bag, thundering up the stairs, two at a time and bursting through his front door.

in a less serious situation, Bradley would have doubled over in laughter, pressing the gross bag of human filth to his stomach at the sight that met him.

Katie was hunched over a little, black pan over the hob, the steam had made her dark hair friz and poof above her and at exactly the Same moment a Bradley walked in, she started a coughing fit that sounded more like a cackle from where he was stood.

"You get it?"

Bradley nodded, suppressing a smile and offering the waste to Katie's face. Katie scrunched her face up in mild disgust before shrugging and placing it on the table, she went back to her stirring.

"Oh, how about... I help out with the magicy bit and you go get Arthur out of Mordred's voodoo basement?"

Katie did a double take at Bradley leaning on a counter with a hopeful and slightly worried look on his face.

"Arthur is where????!!!!!!! Why didn't you say this earlier????!!!!! what do you mean voodoo?"

Katie's voice rose up until that last bit where it lowered in caution and suspition as she wondered whether Bradley was talking about actual voodoo or just a very creepy celler.
He did exaggerate.
She thought it through before quickly opening the bag and adding the assortment to the pot, scrunching her face as the steam rose instantly.

"Another minute and it'll be done. Merlin should still be at our house, I'll bottle it up, you slam it down his throat and I'll kill Mordred."

Bradley did a double take at the witch, wondering if she was serious... possibly.

"And rescue Arthur?"
"Yes, yes."
"Oh, okay."

..................................................................................

Merlin wasn't at home. Bradley cursed and pulled his phone out to punch in Katie's number.

"What?"
"Errr...."
"What? Have you got Merlin?"
"Not exactly...."

Bradley hunched his shoulders, avoiding the attack that surely would have been there if Katie was actually in the room.
He followed her instructions that lead to a hastily scrawled note saying Merlin was 'going for a walk'.
In the woods! He thought he taught Merlin better, never go into the woods at night. It's like the first rule of a horror movie.