Rant 1: The Percy Jackson Movies

*sigh*
So, I first go into the Percy Jackson fandom when I was in sixth grade, btw I'm a freshmen in high school now. We, as a class, read it and I instantly fell in love with it.
So we read all the way through The Lightning Thief and then Mrs.Ward, my English and social studies teacher, told us that since we had some extra time that we were going to watch the movie.
Now at this time I had never watched one of the movies so was pretty excited. Well, I sat in a group with three other people that had already at that time read the whole series and they just groaned and rolled there eyes which made me pretty confused but being the new kid I didn't know many people and didn't talk much so I didn't ask.
A couple of days passed and we started the movie, now as to be expected when watching a movie that was derived from a book, there is obviously going to be some things left out, changed, and added but god this movie was terrible.
A little change here and there is acceptable but as much change as they put in that book blew me straight clean from the water.
Not to mention the fact that I t was almost like a different story the way they mutilated and changed the plot!
Every thing I am saying goes for the se and movie as well.
To explain to some one who hasn't seen the movie or read the books or is not even in the fandom, they did so poorly on the movies that they only made two movies out of the five books in the main series!
I just really would like to know why Rick Rordain let him ruin his works like that. I would be like nope no not happening go mangle some one else's work!
Another thing, when people say "I'm a big Percy Jackson fan." and then you ask "Oh really, what's your favorite book?" and then they awnser you with "I've only seen the movies"

" and then you ask "Oh really, what's your favorite book?" and then they awnser you with "I've only seen the movies"

Like in not gonna say anything about just watching the movies cause not gonna lie I've done it before and lets admit it every one has at one point in time and that's not what bothers me.
What bothers me is the people who have PLENTY of time and could read the books but JUST DON'T WANT TO!!!!!
That is what gets me, and yes I understand that there is people that don't like to read and I get that, I really do. When I was younger it was like pulling teeth to get me to read but now that is like the only thing I do really but still if you have the time then read the book!
Any way there is a lot more I can rant on about but I'm tired and don't feel like it right now. I may do like a part two some time or something I dont know.
But until then this is Lxscantrell and dontforget to stay weird.