Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

“I know…” I look away. “I’ve been talking to Andrea for the last couple of weeks. Emailing, texting, and Skype once a week. I missed them. Not seeing Andrea since before tour was agonizing.”

“And not talking to me wasn’t?! Why couldn’t you have called me?! Or make contact with me, Colleen?!"

“Because I knew you would find your way back to me whether you knew or not! You know me better than I know myself! We were meant to be, Harry. Don’t you see that?!” With that Harry kisses me again; he pulls me as close as possible to him, and kisses me how I’ve always wanted to be kissed by him.

“That felt good,” Harry laughs resting his forehead against mine. “Don’t ever leave me again.”

“I won’t. I promise.” I wipe his tears away.

“Your…” he slowly speaks, “Your dad said something about nightmares. That you had them every night before you went to rehab, but you wouldn’t tell your parents what they were about… Will you tell me…?” The tears that had subsided start again as I tell him about the first one I had, and then he’s crying with me as I tell him about the others. “Shh. Shh. It’s alright. No one’s going to hurt you. I know I’ve made this promise a lot over the past year or so, but I want you to know that I will keep you safe and protect you from now on,” Harry brushes the hair out of my face.

For the next few weeks Harry and I spend most of the time with my family, relax in the sun, and just act like normal people for once. The guys are headed out in a month to retake the rest of the tour; finishing it up for the fans they’ve disappointed.

I wake up at eight like always and head downstairs immediately since I’m hungry. It’s weird; Harry wasn’t in the bed when I woke up. Must be in the shower, and I didn’t hear it, or he went out for a jog. I want to surprise him with breakfast in the back yard. As I’m zooming around the kitchen humming my favorite song my dad steps into the room.

“It suits you,” my dad says.

“Daddy…? What are you talking about?” I eye him.

“Your hand.”

“Oh my… He didn’t, did he?” I look at my dad confused.

“Sure looks like he did,” he smiles.

“Did he ask you for permission?!”

“He did. That morning he arrived. He told me he had to knowing how old-fashioned you are in relationships. Told me all about the night he asked you to be your girlfriend. Seems like the ring matches the bracelet.” And it does. It’s perfect; just a thin band with a single diamond that’s slightly raised. I run upstairs hoping Harry would be back. And he was, but I didn’t see him. I see that our bed is made perfectly with a note on top of my pillow. As I read it the butterflies that I get every time I think about him, hear him sing or talk to him begin in my stomach.

Hey Beautiful,

I love you. Join me in the Hershey Gardens at 9 am. I’ll be waiting.

Xoxo,

Harry.

I look at the clock on the nightstand, it reading 8:30. It’s about a twenty minute drive to the gardens from here. I don’t have much time, so I throw on jeans, do my hair as best as I can manage then run out of the house. After walking around the Gardens for what feels like forever I finally see him, my Harry. I can’t help but to smile every time I see him. I know now, after everything we’ve been through, I only want him. Nothing will tear us apart.

“Hey,” I breath after running into his arms.

“Hello, Love,” he wraps his arms around me kissing the top of my head, “I’ve missed you. The real you.”