we are doing.....what?

"Millard?"

"yeah?"

"why are you in the boot of the mini van?"

It was a beautiful day in America, with clear skies and warm breeze making a perfect opportunity for small children to have picnics or play outside in the park. Families were making the most of the weather to travel to the beach, to visit other friends or family, sit down somewhere nice like an outdoor café, or just using the time to do their forgotten jobs and chores. Miss Peregrine had moved them away from wales to be closer to her sick brother, choosing for them to live in a big 2 storey house because a regular house was too small for all 13 of them. 6 boys, (Jacob, Millard, Enoch, Hugh, Victor and Horace) and 6 girls (Emma, Bronwyn, Olive, Claire, Fiona, Miss Peregrine), and they all needed their own space. Unfortunately, they still needed to pair up. Emma and Bronwyn had to share a room, as well has Olive, Claire and Fiona, Jacob and Millard, Enoch and Hugh, and Victor shared with Horace, as he was the one most experience with nightmares. Everyday was a schedule, breakfast was between 8AM and 9AM, unless someone was so drop dead tired that they got to sleep in, lunch was 2PM to 3PM, and dinner was 6PM and 7PM. As long as your chores got done, you could do whatever you wanted in between. It was at dinner when Jacob began to realise how out of tune they were with each other, which seemed a bit unusual, as some had been with the others years before him. Enoch was talking with Olive, looking carefree but Jacob could see his eyes dart towards the window and back to Olive's face all of the time. To Jacob, Enoch was reserved, and would bite your head off if you so much as looked at him the wrong way, and Olive was sweet and kind, opting to take care of you instead of hurt you. He had no idea how they got on so well. The rest of the girls and Miss Peregrine were towards the end of the table, talking about something or another in hushed voices and kept giggling at odd intervals, except Emma. She was generally more composed, but had a wide smile on her face, as did Miss P. He himself was currently engaged in a conversation with the rest of the boys, observing them as they talked. Victor and Hugh were arguing on what the best fast food restaurant in America was with wild hand gestures punctuating every word.

"Burger king." Victor said, crossing his arms with a smug expression on his face, like he'd just won with that sentence alone.

"No, McDonalds is the best!" Hugh argued, making a spazzed hand motion that looked like he was tying invisible knots with one hand, and looked around for the rest of the boys for backup. Jacob snuck a glance around too, trying not to laugh, but he failed to stop his smirk. Millard's clothes were visibly vibrating as he chuckled to himself, to caught up in his laughter to really answer Hugh's request. Horace wasn't far from Millard's state, body shaking with the laughter he hid behind his hand and eyes squeezed shut. He regained his breath and looked at Victor, ready to deal the final blow.

"Sorry Victor, but have you ever  tried the chicken selects? To DIE for!" he laughed at Victors betrayed expression. Hugh fist bumped the air and pointed at Victor in triumph.

"HA Victor, see! HORACE knows what's best! So take your popcorn chicken loving ass somewhere else!" He nearly screamed, to caught up in the moment to care. That was Hugh, Jacob thought. Fun, childish and always in a good mood. He was rarely without a smile, or his partner in crime Millard. He swore those two could get away with murder, he thought with a slight head shake, angling his head towards Horace, Millard and Victor, Where Millard had completely lost it at the sight of Victor swatting the 13 year old across the head at every new word.

"You.were.meant.to.agree.with.me"

"Not going to happen any time soon!"

But no matter how much all of the children bantered with each other, it was clear to Jacob that they were sick and tired of the same area, and were getting bored with doing the same things everyday. This dinner was also when he hatched his devious plan.

Three days of begging and extra chores later, he cleared his throat and stood up from the table, attracting the attention and silence of the peculiars. He threw his arms open and beamed a large smile.

"we are GOING on a road trip!"

The piece of chicken hanging down fell from Enoch's mouth and landed on his plate with a wet plop.

"You fuckin' what!?"

HEYOOOOOO  everybody! I noticed that only after like a day of posting a couple of people had already seen my story, yes I see you people stalking the MPHFPC fandom! This is my first MPHFPC fanfiction but I've been brainstorming in my mind since reading the first book!!!!! Who's your favourite character!? I'm not going to tell you mine, see if you can figure it out from the story ;))))) Where do you think they should go? Keep in mind that they are gonna get lost and end up in Paris lol so maybe in France somewhere or they have to get to their destination by going through Paris! Don't ask, it's gonna come together....... (BTW the last bit with the Jacob opening his arms pose, just think of iron man!) Drop a comment it really helps!

-----Sophie