Resolution

{L's Point of View}

I woke up on Light's chest, giving little thought to the dull ache in my lower region. I looked down to his sleeping form and smiled softly, intently watching his every breath as his chest raised and lowered in an undisturbed rhytmn. He looked peaceful and seemed to have no worry at all about confessing his crimes to me. I can't decide whether this is good or bad. I roll off of Light - trying my best not to wake him - and I sit at the edge of the bed, thinking through the endless posibilities of reasons for Kira's new behaviours.  I came up with nothing. I clench my fists and push myself off of the bed, slightly frustrated but the dull ache wasn't as passive as I'd first thought.

A sharp pain jolted through my tailbone and I yelped, collapsing back onto the bed. After a few minutes recovery, I tried to stand again - this time supporting myself and easing my body up slowly. I hunched over the bed and gave myself the final push to stand upright and- "Ow! Curse you Light Yagami!" I screeched, not caring whether it woke my partner or not.

"What is it L?!" Light jumped out of bed with a ready stance and questioned my wincing with a protective tone of voice. He looked ready to kill. Though, I suppose this is the true face of Kira. I studied his face, ignoring his question, his features became exaggerated by dark shadows looming around him and his eyes were glowing a blood thursty red in contrast to the black caves of sockets they were resting in. I found myself wanting to see more of this side of Light;  while it was terrifying on the surface, the overwhelming sense of safety and protection made it too attractive to fear.

I pushed my thoughts aside and returned to his question, smiling.

"What do you think?" I winced, rubbing my rear to give him an explicit hint.  His face changed again. In a split second the student changed from face of a homicidal maniac  to a lost,  wounded puppy.  He leapt infront of me and bowed on his knees,  begging for forgiveness. I keened my head toward him and placed a soft kiss on forehead. 

"It's okay" I stroked his hair reassuringly.

Light looked up at me from his vulnerable position with teary eyes.  I never knew he cared so much,  how could somebody so gentle kill hundreds, thousands of strangers without a second thought?..

My trail of thought was broken by a shaking but firm voice. 

"I'll carry you."

With that;  I was scooped into the taller man's arms and carried bridal style to the bathroom. As I lay in his grasp helplessly I watch his every move as if it were his last.  He's beautiful.  I'm glad we agreed to sort this out, I don't think I could stand to live if he were my by my side. I've grown dependent on him..

I continue to try and imagine my life without Light as he runs me a bath, still clutching on to me the best he can while he struggles to twist the taps and open bottles of bubbly soap. Once his ordeal was over,  Light dipped my feet into the water:

"Is the temperature okay?"

I nod softly and he lowers the rest of me into the sweet smelling tub. 

"I'm just going to get you something to eat,  did you need anything else? " he called from the doorway, while pulling on some beige trousers. 

I groaned in protest and motioned him closer with my finger. He complied and knelt down beside the bath;  awaiting mt orders patiently.

"Don't go..." I mumble.  "Come join me; this bath is rather spacious and I feel quite lonely.."

Light smirked  and began to undo the zip that had only just been tugged up. He tossed his trousers aside and climbed in between my legs,  resting his head in the Crook of my shoulder. I sighed deeply,  relaxing into the soapy serenity before me.  I raise a hand onto Light's chest,  he feels tense.

"What is it?" I whisper, loud enough for him to hear. His muscles tightened even more and his posture began to straighten. 

"w-what are we going to do now?" He whispered back,  lowering his head to avoid any eye contact I might try to pursue.

I froze, I hadn't worked that out yet. Light's body was beginning to tremble,  I could sense his distress and needed to act quickly.  I didn't want to see him cry.

"I love you,  and I trust you. I realised earlier that without you my existence would have no meaning. My name and life are in your hands,  we're both safe as long as you control your blood thirst. " I suggest, hoping it was enough to satisfy him.

Light stopped shaking.  He was now the complete opposite of a trembling mess as he sat rigidly - digesting what i'd just proposed.

"I love you too!" Light relaxed back into my chest and leant his head back;  exposing his face to me before grabbing my own head and forcing me into a grateful kiss. 

{Third person}

Meanwhile in the control room, Watari sat in shock. He'd installed a hidden camera in his detectives bathroom with a wide angle lens to encompass both the en suite and the bedroom.

He replayed the last few minutes of his recordings over and over again. Hoping to find some loop hole in what he'd discover which could disprove what he'd been watching. 

He would need to speak to L about this...

Sorry I know it's been ages and this is a really sucky chapter! >_< I'm kind of losing my motivation for this story but I don't want to give up on it since its getting so popular. I never realised so many people would like it - you're all so wonderful ^3^
Anyway,  I've decided I'm going to speed up the story a little to try and get it finished before I completely lose all interest in it!
But my updates won't be as quick as before,  ive just started college and I'll be driving soon - plus im working quite a bit to get enough moneys to pay for insurance etc. But I will try to update asap!

Thank  you all so much for all your comments and votes - I know i often forget to reply but I do read them all and they mean a lot!  see you soon! x