Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Get off of me!" Sadie cried, as Noah had wrestled her to the ground.

"You punched me, you asked for it." He replied, sitting on her.

Ella pulled away and gazed once more at the prince before turning to the teens. Her mouth dropped open as she saw that Noah now had Sadie in a headlock.

"Okay okay, enough goodbye's," Sadie snapped, and Noah let go.

"Is that what was happening?" The prince asked, confused.

Noah straightened up and glanced up at the sky, which seemed to be darkening. "We need to go. Good luck." He said, and walked away, the prince running after him.

"Ready?" Sadie asked Ella, brushing herself off. Ella nodded hesitantly. "Let's go."

***

"Okay, when I met the wizard, he was by the river. He just kind of appeared, but it's the best place to start looking," Sadie explained as she and Ella made their way through the woods. They were still unsure as to where in the forest they were, but Sadie hoped they were not too far away from where they needed to be.

"There!" Ella suddenly cried a few minutes later. Sadie squinted and caught a glimmer of water through the trees.

"Good job!" She praised Ella, and the two ran toward the river. They stopped at the bank to catch their breath, and then looked around.

"What now?" Ella asked, glancing around.

Sadie frowned. "I don't know. Maybe we could try calling him?" She suggested. Ella nodded. "Oh wizard! Please...we need you?" She called timidly, not sure if she was just being ridiculous. "Please, Wizard Man! We need your help!" She tried again.

"Then help I shall," a gravelly voice said suddenly behind them. Sadie and Ella jumped in surprise and whirled around to see an old man standing there. Sadie recognized him as the same wizard who had taken her hair.

"You came! It worked!" She cried.

The wizard shook his head. "No, I was just there picking berries," he pointed to a bush not three feet from the girls. "and I decided to see what was up." He commented.

"Oh," Sadie blushed. The wizard glanced at Ella and then his eyes widened.

"Ella?" He asked. Ella, who had gotten distracted by a passing bunny, focused her eyes on the wizard.

"Wally!" She cried, and leapt over to the man to hug him.

"You know him?" Sadie asked, scratching her head.

Ella beamed. "Oh yes, Wally Wiz and I often pick berries together when I am trying to avoid seeing mother. Oh, Wally, I have so much to tell you!" She cried.

Sadie jumped in. "Wait! Ella, we don't have time for that now," She reminded. Ella pouted but nodded. "Wally, your world is in danger, and we need your magic to help."

Wally raised an eyebrow. "My world?" He asked.

"Um, our world," Sadie amended. Wally frowned. "Anyway, an evil queen named Entropy is trying to destroy our world. She loves power and will do whatever it takes to get it. Including taking magic from people like you." She explained.

Wally sighed. "I always knew someone would become greedy." He said sadly. Sadie raised an eyebrow. "There is endless magic here. Many people with magic powers. Most of us have decided to use it for good, to help people. Others, however, have realized the glory that comes with having such power, and they have used it for evil." He explained.