1

Park Jihyo is the princess of Seoul. It's normal for males around the kingdom to fall inlove with her, not just because of her goddess-like voice and visuals, but also because she has a kind heart and always puts others before herself. Many princes courted her. Sadly, they were all turned down by the princess herself. Despite her high status, she frequently visits the town and interact with the folks there. Sometimes sneaking out just to play with the children.

Kim Namjoon, the most respected knight of the kingdom, the captain of the famous Bangtan Knights, was the princess' personal bodyguard. He was assigned for that job 2 months before the princess' 21st birthday. Being the loyal knight he was, he always sticks close to the princess, even at times when the princess sneaked out of the castle. He tried to get her back, really. But she was just too stubborn so he let the princess stay until 4, of course with him guarding her.

As time goes by, the young knight realizes that he has a crush on the princess. He wasn't even the slightest bit surprised, she's the princess for heaven's sake! Who knew a mature-looking woman would be a noisy, stubborn kid when no one else is around. Jihyo only shows this side of her in front of her parents, close friends, and him.

There was always more to Park Jihyo than meets the eye, Namjoon noted.

The night before her birthday, Jihyo was taking a walk around the castle. It was 9:00, too early for the princess to sleep, (even though her bedtime was originally at 8:00). So Jihyo decided to go to the barracks. On the way there, she noticed Jungkook, the youngest member of the Bangtan Knights, cleaning his sword. He noticed the princess and bowed immediately.

"Your Highness. Good evening." The princess smiled. She remembered when Jungkook was accepted to be a member of the knights at a young age of 18. Namjoon was already a captain back then, and he became Jungkook's trainer. She commanded Jungkook to rise, which the young man obeyed. Namjoon taught him well, Jihyo thought.

"Is Namjoon here?" The princess asked.

"Hyung? Maybe he's at the library. He spends his nights there before going to sleep." Jungkook replied. Jihyo nodded, thanking him before going to the castle library. When she got there, she saw the knight busy writing something down.

"Namjoon!" She greeted. The said knight only acknowledged her presence by simply greeting her a good evening and went back to what he was doing. Jihyo pouted from the lack of attention she received. She walked closer to Namjoon, standing behind him. She looked at what the knight was busy about. Determined to get his attention, she snatched the paper away.

"H-Hey!"

"Whoa! What's this? A poem? A song? Is it for someone? What a lucky girl!" Namjoon took the paper back, folding it and putting it in his pocket. A blush coloring his cheeks.

"It's nothing... What do you need princess? Wait, why are you here? Shouldn't you be in your bedroom?"

"Well first, I need you. Second, don't call me 'princess'. And third, I don't wanna sleep."

"You're royalty. Of course I'll call you princess. And please go to sleep—"

"We had an agreement! You shouldn't call me 'princess' when we're alone. Just call me by my name! I won't tell anyone, I swear!"

"Well I didn't agree on that agreement."

"Hmph!" Jihyo pouted and puffed up her cheeks, crossed her arms and looked away. Namjoon chuckled at her reaction. Suddenly, a cold gust of wind blew through the windows. Jihyo, who was in her nightgown, shivered and hugged herself when the wind made contact with her skin.

"Why is it so cold?!" She complained. She noticed the knight standing there, and an idea popped in her mind.

"Joonie~" the princess cooed.