The Pressure Of Walking In Your Shoes

Mulai dari awal

"Who is that man? What is he doing here, Hermione? Does he know that this is home invasion?" Hermione's dad said, angry, as he got and from his chair and walked to the intruder.

"No, don't go near him. This is Draco's father. He's a dangerous man." Hermione warned, grabbing her father's arm.

Differently from the others,Rosemary wasn't frightened by the presence of that man.

She found him attractive, if anything. 

"Oh, is that Santa Claus? I didn't remember him to be this hot." she said, fanning herself.

Draco didn't mind her, he got up and walked to his father. Then, he was only able to say a few words.

"Father, what are you doing here?"

"I saw that you did not respond to my letter. Therefore, I came here to fetch you myself." Lucius said in a cold tone.

"You can't force that upon me, father. You can't expect me to just go back home and forget everything after you and mother have completely ignored my existence for months." Draco said bitterly. "Also, these people now are my friends. And Harry is my boyfriend."

"How dare you speak in such an obscene manner? These people are not your people, Draco. They must have put a spell on you or something, because I can't recognise you!" Said Lucius, walking closer to his son. He looked downright sickened.

"Father, I am not you." Draco spat. "Now I know, I don't want to be like you. You're a cruel man, You cut me out of your life because you didn't agree with my life choices, when I always did anything I could to make you happy, even if it meant being a death eater. I am still mourning over losing you. I spent months waiting for you to contact me, but if you are not willing to accept me for who I am, then I don't care about seeing you."

As he finished, Draco was panting and sweating a bit. He wasn't crying, though and he wasn't going to, not this time. 

"You are a Malfoy, your blood is pure, therefore you should not hang out with this... scum. Or this pervert." his father said, referring to Harry, who had not said a word until now.

He didn't want to interfere with Draco's issues with his dad, but he found it rather hard not to.

He tried to say something, but Draco shut him up with a gesture of his hand.

"Don't you dare say speak ill of Harry! He is my family now. Hell, he has been more family in these months than you have ever been in nineteen years. And Ron, he gave me his house for two weeks. Yeah, the same people you taunted so much were fine with having me in their home."

"It was a pleasure, by the way." Ron added.

"And now," Draco continued. "I'm here, in a place that belongs to muggleborns. Where were you, father? You told me yourself, 'do not come home or we will kill you'."

"We didn't contact you because we were disgusted in you. We don't think that you're this person now. You've just been influenced. We both know that your place is with us. We are willing to forgive you if you stop with this nonsense, even if you hurt us greatly."

said Lucius, stretching his arm so that his son could take his hand.

"And you didn't hurt me, right?" Draco's tone was beginning to raise. "I'm telling you, if you're not going to accept me for who I am, then I have to ask you to leave."

"Draco..." his dad murmured, grabbing him by his shoulders. "Remember who you are. You can have the glory with us... you can be as rich as you'd ever imagined..."

His son pushed him away violently. 

"I am finally free, father. The price to pay, though, is to live without a real family. It hurts, but I will manage." he said, glancing at his boyfriend.