Wintery Fluff

Christmas break was now around the corner. 

The snow reigned supreme all around the Hogwarts castle. Anyone who dared walk outside found themselves calves deep into that icy substance.

Going to Herbology was hard as ever. It took students several minutes to get through all that snowy path. Neville even fell once, finding himself sinking into the snow. But he would never miss an Herbology lesson, so he got up and went anyway. When he got to the greenhouse, he was shivering so much that Professor Sprout had to send him straight to the Hospital Wing.

All Quidditch matches had been canceled as a consequence of the weather, much to Harry's relief, as he had not yet found a replacement for Ginny.

Draco was glad that he was now spending little to no time in the Slytherin common room, for it was always so cold in the winter, due to it being located in the dungeons.

The Gryffindor common room was much warmer, not only for its location and its fire, which was always on, but also for the presence of his boyfriend.

He knew that, technically, he was breaking a law. Common rooms existed for a reason.

He was beginning to consider asking the Headmistress  to make an exception for him and let him hang out at the Gryffindors' as much as he wanted, given his situation. He wondered if he could ever find peace in his own dorm again. But that was unlikely, given how much shit Blaise was giving him lately.

Also, there was one thing that was constantly tucking at its brain. How he would have spent Christmas. Professor Slughorn, who was now head of the Slytherin house, had made a list of the students who would spend Christmas at Hogwarts and he was pressuring Draco to tell him what his intentions were, but he didn't feel like getting into it just yet. 

There was no way he could ever spend it at home. Not that he wanted to go there, anyway.

So, this meant that he would have to stay at Hogwarts. 

But Harry wouldn't have been there, he was supposed to spend it with the Weasleys. 

Therefore, he was dreading the arrival of that day.

One Saturday morning Draco was determined to ask his boyfriend to stay there with him and spend Christmas together.

Harry had a special thing organised for that day, but he didn't say what it was.

It involved them being outside though, was all that he knew about it.

The couple's destination was the lake. When they reached it, Draco looked at Harry with widened eyes. "What exactly do you think we are going to do on this frozen lake?"

"Give me your feet." Harry simply said. 

Draco's expression was puzzled, at this point. What the devil did he have in mind?

"My feet?" he asked with a hint of fear.

"Relax, I'm not gonna detach them from your body." Harry said with a chuckle. Then, he pointed his wand at his boyfriend's feet. A moment later, his shoes had turned into ice skates. 

Harry made a chair appear, just in time for Draco to fall right on it.

"What exactly are these?" Draco asked, wiggling his feet a bit. 

"These, my love, are ice skates." Harry explained. Then, he made another chair appear, sat on it and gave himself a pair of skates as well. "These are used to skate. It's kind of like dancing, but on ice." He concluded, smirking.

Oh dear Merlin and any other wizard. Was his lunatic of a boyfriend going to dance on the damned lake with these ridiculous muggle shoes?